• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bringing Back AS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldxelm

Diamond
Reaction score
UPDATE

Ok guys, so obviously we have reached past 100 signatures. Now, I think most of us are aware of the fact that about half of the people on this list are not AS players. However, I personally don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is how many servers AS is going to have if it came back. If 2-3 servers, I think around 50 players is enough. This would also be good because the cost to run the servers would be lower. However, if MCG does decide to have more than 3 servers for some reason, then obviously we need more players. But communities do grow, so I think that problem would be solved quickly. Ava subv3rsion Col_StaR CAmadeusA I would like to know how many servers would AS have if it did come back.

Anyways, aside from players, as many people have previously said, yes of course there will be hackers. Back when AS was up there were less than 50 hackers ever on AS (I think). However, since AS has gone down the Minecraft PvP hacker community has drastically increased and yes we do need more moderators if we were to bring back AS. But again, I agree with others, people will apply and we will get more moderators. I myself will report any hacker I see on AS, so that can also take care of the problem if people follow in suit.

Lastly, we do need people who are willing to donate to the AS MCG servers. We already have 2 people willing to donate $25 each, but we will need a lot more than that. I think this is our one true problem (again) with the AS servers.

My final conclusion is this: My proposal is that we bring back AS for one month (if possible) as a trial run with a minimal amount of servers (2-3). With this we will see how many hackers there are, how many players there are, and how many donations there are. I hope the staff at MCG will see this and understand our situation and how desperately we want AS back, even as a trial run.
Although i support this idea,we need to assure a certain amount of players each day.

For example,each weekday. we were to have just enough to start one AS server. But for weekends all the servers will be filled.

we need to assure that maybe everyday we have all the servers filled,so we need jap players to fill that in for us.

Even if we have donations to support us for an amount of time,we need new players. We can't possibly have the same people donating an amount to make AS survive,unless they're like rich or something.

idk. thats just how i feel from this.

Razorbluto

Tribute
Reaction score
Although i support this idea,we need to assure a certain amount of players each day.

For example,each weekday. we were to have just enough to start one AS server. But for weekends all the servers will be filled.

we need to assure that maybe everyday we have all the servers filled,so we need jap players to fill that in for us.

Even if we have donations to support us for an amount of time,we need new players. We can't possibly have the same people donating an amount to make AS survive,unless they're like rich or something.

Yeah I agree with you. Well in definitely in it for most of the days and definitely on weekends! :D

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
UPDATE

Ok guys, so obviously we have reached past 100 signatures. Now, I think most of us are aware of the fact that about half of the people on this list are not AS players. However, I personally don't think that's the issue. I think the issue is how many servers AS is going to have if it came back. If 2-3 servers, I think around 50 players is enough. This would also be good because the cost to run the servers would be lower. However, if MCG does decide to have more than 3 servers for some reason, then obviously we need more players. But communities do grow, so I think that problem would be solved quickly. Ava subv3rsion Col_StaR CAmadeusA I would like to know how many servers would AS have if it did come back.

Anyways, aside from players, as many people have previously said, yes of course there will be hackers. Back when AS was up there were less than 50 hackers ever on AS (I think). However, since AS has gone down the Minecraft PvP hacker community has drastically increased and yes we do need more moderators if we were to bring back AS. But again, I agree with others, people will apply and we will get more moderators. I myself will report any hacker I see on AS, so that can also take care of the problem if people follow in suit.

Lastly, we do need people who are willing to donate to the AS MCG servers. We already have 2 people willing to donate $25 each, but we will need a lot more than that. I think this is our one true problem (again) with the AS servers.

My final conclusion is this: My proposal is that we bring back AS for one month (if possible) as a trial run with a minimal amount of servers (2-3). With this we will see how many hackers there are, how many players there are, and how many donations there are. I hope the staff at MCG will see this and understand our situation and how desperately we want AS back, even as a trial run.
Servers don't come in 2-3, they come in like 15-20s or somtehing. Since it's a box so they would rather just have them all up instead of just spending tons of money just for those 2 or 3. I think that's how it goes didn't remember to much detail

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
As much as I understand all the people of AS wanting the servers back because they can't get good connection in other locations, I just don't see how its gonna be any different :l. The number of players just aren't there.

I look at your support list, and it has some big names, but those big name players aren't and probably never will be AS players. I could tell you to put me on this support list because I would love to see the people who played on these servers happy, but unless the number of players who are actually playing on the servers increase, then adding these servers back will just end the same way as it did before. The servers just aren't well known enough over there apparently.

NinjaIrwin

Experienced
Reaction score
I would really love it if the as servers returned but the truth is i can already see the many problems that would still occur if it returns.

Firstly, even if the as servers return, i doubt that it would last that long as due to the fact that the as community is quite small.

Secondly, most of the previous posts mentioned that the Japanese players would be able to help support the servers in a way by being active players but the thing is, from my past experiences, most Japanese players would usually play in large groups. What this means is that many people might just get discouraged from trying to play on the servers with such a large team constantly killing them, not that teaming and having fun with friends is wrong, its just that this would definitely piss some people off and in the end they would rage quit and stop playing.

Lastly, I am pretty sure this has been mentioned before but mcsg can't just easily get 2-3 servers, instead mcsg has to get around 12-15 servers at one go as it comes in a set or box(whatever it is). It would definitely be great just to be able to get just a few servers with the quality of survival games mcgamer provides but its not as easy as all of you think and plus we need donations as well but we are lacking that and Singapore's servers do not come at a cheap price ;p

In the end, i feel that i would give my support and encourage the mcgamer network to try to bring the as servers back for about a month to see how it goes and from there mcgamer can decide again whether to keep it or abolish it(again...)

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
I would like to know how AS had 5 servers before... If it's bought in 15-20 servers. Can anyone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci