• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
I get several death threats a day on YouTube. You build up a resistance to it.
totalbiscuit

that man goes through SO much stuff every day, 100000x worse than whatever happens on MC servers/CS Servers/any game for that matter.

he gets told that some random stranger is going to go to his house and torture his family in front of his eyes, he gets told that he hopes cancer kills him faster, etc.

Pearlyyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The AU has went downhill. That's the easiest way to put it. People are too caught up in irrelevant things and there is no longer a sense of community in the place anymore. I started playing this game to just have a fun time, but slowly it went sour.

And I also hate the thought of bullying. There was once a stage in my life were I felt like I didn't fit anywhere and I had to deal with a lot, but what I hate more is hypocrisy with bullying.

Whether it may be "Win Boosting" "Playing smaller games" "Teaming with friends" or anything like this, nobody has the right to accuse people of things or bully people for those reasons, everyone is special in their own way and should be treated with the same amount of respect you would want to be treated with.
- Mark27
It's really hypocritical that Mark says this when he has constantly abused my friend for ''boosting''. His abuse has spread from in game to forums and even social media (Twitter).
http://imgur.com/a/J3f9R Everyone has the right to play the game and feel safe the in community, but how is that achievable when the people who claim that they want to stop it are actually the ones that are causing the hurt. I will admit that my friend's retaliation with Mark aren't always the best decision, but it's a defense method because of all this.

Jordyy had a person that didn't like him or even hated him with a passion, but after sometime talking, they are friends and the bad blood is now all gone. Why can't that happen between Mark and him? Once again, I am not blaming one particular person for the feud, but there is no effort made. It's really easy to stop, think about what you say and how to affects people.

At the end of the day, the soul purpose of this post wasn't to call out Mark and Jordy, but to make people realise that as much as hate goes around there is always better things to do than bullying people. One simple sorry, hello or even thank you is all that's needed.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I've been bullied online and offline and I'll, for once, be the optimist about this. Being bullied is a bad thing but it can help you grow as a person.
I was bullied and dossed by a few online people (a few years ago now) and it's important for me to point out that this helped me become more aware of people on the Internet.
Importantly I'd like to mention that not everyone is likeable. Bullies are wrong in victimising someone but sometimes they have a reason. I was an idiot back in the day and a lot of things that were taunted at me were actually true and when I realised that, I grew from it.
Luckily for me, my family is educated and my school makes an effort to promote anti-bullying schemes. Too often when a person is bullied, it is because they fall into a trap that nobody can help them get out of. I was simply strong enough or whatnot to ignore these people.
If you are being bullied, you don't necessarily need self confidence to ignore the people doing it.
Seriously, click remove contact or block them. Give the idiots time to find someone else to hurt.
That is a very simple solution to a very difficult situation. Be grateful that abuse online can be prevented that way because, in my eyes, offline or 'traditional' bullying can be so much worse since the victim is COMPLETELY and PHYSCIALLY unable to remove themselves from the situation.
And, as a sufferer of depression myself, I find it upsetting when people put themselves in the situation. I can't control a lot of things that have happened in my life and I wish that people could keep themselves out of the harmful situations in the first place.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Just a little something for anyone who was looking at those links towards the bottom of the OP, http://rainycafe.com/ sorta does the same thing as rainymood, but you can set an option of a cafe feel and idk it helps me relax at least when im really stressed so yea.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
The AU has went downhill. That's the easiest way to put it. People are too caught up in irrelevant things and there is no longer a sense of community in the place anymore. I started playing this game to just have a fun time, but slowly it went sour.

And I also hate the thought of bullying. There was once a stage in my life were I felt like I didn't fit anywhere and I had to deal with a lot, but what I hate more is hypocrisy with bullying.

It's really hypocritical that Mark says this when he has constantly abused my friend for ''boosting''. His abuse has spread from in game to forums and even social media (Twitter).
http://imgur.com/a/J3f9R Everyone has the right to play the game and feel safe the in community, but how is that achievable when the people who claim that they want to stop it are actually the ones that are causing the hurt. I will admit that my friend's retaliation with Mark aren't always the best decision, but it's a defense method because of all this.

Jordyy had a person that didn't like him or even hated him with a passion, but after sometime talking, they are friends and the bad blood is now all gone. Why can't that happen between Mark and him? Once again, I am not blaming one particular person for the feud, but there is no effort made. It's really easy to stop, think about what you say and how to affects people.

At the end of the day, the soul purpose of this post wasn't to call out Mark and Jordy, but to make people realise that as much as hate goes around there is always better things to do than bullying people. One simple sorry, hello or even thank you is all that's needed.
Pearly, as someone who has witnessed what goes on between Jordyy and Mark I understand where you're coming from, but this has been a two way street for a long time, you're biased because Jordyy is your friend but over the past 3 weeks I was dragged into all this mess by a group of people associated with Jordyy and Jordyy himself and I can tell you, calling someone a booster is one thing but what I dealt with and what Mark has been dealing with because of some people is far worse, we were told to slit our wrists and kill ourselves every day, I was dragged into this by association which is far worse, I was called some of the worst things I've ever been called, I had my life turned upside down and had a lot of things put onto the internet about my life by that group of people.
Mark apologized to Jordyy and to a lot of people for what he did and that's why he wanted to help me make this thread, he understands what he did was wrong.
I will also mention the people who caused this hurt for me and Mark, they apologized too and both Mark and I forgave them, so please educate yourself on situations before sitting here calling out people for things you don't know the whole story about, it causes more issues than it's worth.
This was not intended to start flame im simply educating you on what Mark and I have had to deal with because of those people and that everything has been handled and sorted out now and you know who I'm talking about.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
umm... 1 question;
I get this Boosting is when u hit your friend to launch them towards the opponent.
but is that allowed?.. if so/not, what are the conditions?

cause I have boosted my friend (2 team) before, are we not supposed to do that?
Wrong type of boosting honey, when we talk about boosting in this thread it is referring to Win boosting. Meaning when people get people to help them win games every game.
Boosting someone with a rod/fist/anything is allowed. :)
If you have any more questions feel free to send me a dm ! :)

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
You can't really log off irl.

Bullying does not always happen in person. Cyber-bullying is probably something a lot of people are familiar with, this is a type of bullying that happens online or through any type of social media or even on a internet game. But there are things you can do to protect yourself and your friends.

Always think about what you post, you never know what someone will forward or pass along to the next person, unfortunately not many people think of the repercussions of their actions. Stop. Think. Respect.

Being kind to others online will help to keep you safe. Do not share anything that could hurt or embarrass anyone, this could lead to depression, anxiety and sometimes worse things for the people being bullied.

Think about who sees what you post online.

Imagine how you would feel if you were the person being bullied or constantly picked on by others.
Put yourself in their shoes, think before you speak.

This has happened in the past, over a block game as people call it.
On the MCGamer network, I have experienced a lot and do know that bullying and accusations occur. Whether it may be "Win Boosting" "Playing smaller games" "Teaming with friends" or anything like this, nobody has the right to accuse people of things or bully people for those reasons, everyone is special in their own way and should be treated with the same amount of respect you would want to be treated with.
- Mark27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci