• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES California

Would You Like This Map To Be Added/Like it?

• Yes, I love it, I want it added!

Votes: 145 50.3%
  • I wouldn't mind it be added, Its good!

Votes: 64 22.2%
  • Meh, not that keen on it, wouldn't enjoy playing on the servers

Votes: 44 15.3%
  • Tbh, I hate it.

Votes: 35 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like the map, although you did try to add too many things that are famous in California. Maybe you should try and narrow it down to a smaller region.

codzombies

Spectator
Reaction score
not enough variation of blocks and very bland plain teraforming. some that looks as if it doesn't belong

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
not enough variation of blocks and very bland plain teraforming. some that looks as if it doesn't belong
So you're a friend of benji_r (maker of highfield estate). I just checked your profile and found that you wrote 7/10 of your messages in 5 minutes. All those messages are about how bad some maps are, but highfield estate 'looks cool'.
Thx dude, really mature
edit:10/13

Last edited:

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
So you're a friend of benji_r (maker of highfield estate). I just checked your profile and found that you wrote 7/10 of your messages in 5 minutes. All those messages are about how bad some maps are, but highfield estate 'looks cool'.
Thx dude, really mature
edit:10/13
Let's hold it there guys, codzombies, If you think downing maps and "boosting" yours and think its gonna up the chances of your map to get accepted, then you need a serious lesson learnt. As a matter of fact the map committee do a little research on your profile, your map knowledge etc, they do this by looking at your entire of your profile because that's what holds your knowledge and understanding, and I think what your doing to peoples maps is in fact going to reduce chance of your map. That's worryingly disgusting and pathetic. At least give a detailed and reasonable answer for your harsh explanation! Really pathetic, hope you can understand what your doing.

GentleSnivy

Diamond
Reaction score
After looking into the buildings carefully I'd say they are mediocre. They are very blocky and all feel really weird with different diverse. I don't understand why there is so many terrain differences when it's California. The Cornucopia honestly doesn't look great at all and doesn't fit as being a Cornucopia. I'd say this map needs a little more work and detailing before being an accepted map.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I love this map add it please!:):)
Ty ma bae <3
After looking into the buildings carefully I'd say they are mediocre. They are very blocky and all feel really weird with different diverse. I don't understand why there is so many terrain differences when it's California. The Cornucopia honestly doesn't look great at all and doesn't fit as being a Cornucopia. I'd say this map needs a little more work and detailing before being an accepted map.
I see what you mean, terrain changes has been a bit of a downside of this map, but its realistic, which is the aim, and we achieved that, however implementing that into a SG Map is possibly very difficult, which is what we did. Bare in mind none of the build team members have ever been to California, we had to survive of images to create the terrain. This is also our first project, and I was the only terraformer in this map. Anyways, these arent excuses, there just things that made it harder to resolve these issues and what interfered. We will take your advice on board, also look out for some new screenshots, the map has changed quite a bit! I'll edit this post when Iv'e added new ones!

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just like to say thank you so much for the overwhelming support, it just warms my heart to think people want this added on the best minecraft server, it makes my day honestly ever comment! But I need to ask you a favor!
You see the picture below? This thread contains a lot of comments like these house just dont fit in there all different etc, so do you think we should stick too a block theme or have these multicolored ones? I personally want a theme, it just fits in! Please say your opinion we really need to decide!

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Ty ma bae <3

I see what you mean, terrain changes has been a bit of a downside of this map, but its realistic, which is the aim, and we achieved that, however implementing that into a SG Map is possibly very difficult, which is what we did. Bare in mind none of the build team members have ever been to California, we had to survive of images to create the terrain. This is also our first project, and I was the only terraformer in this map. Anyways, these arent excuses, there just things that made it harder to resolve these issues and what interfered. We will take your advice on board, also look out for some new screenshots, the map has changed quite a bit! I'll edit this post when Iv'e added new ones!
(Ive been in cali soz for ruining it xd) also the terrain changes also are there because nobody wants a map that is the same everywhere. I also wanted to have a map like this again because wyverns got removed ;-;
Edit:gizm maybe its easier if the picture was a little brighter. Ill do that tomorrow if gizm hasnt done it by then.

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score
Updated screenshots!
Some of them are ones at night because it looks better!
Still a few tweeks to be done so keep your suggestions coming in! Also, if you want you name to be on a number plate in this map add me on skype joakin.clary HURRY 2 PLACES LEFT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci