• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Can anyone please help me?

Will I get rejected?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

SuperSoldier

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!
I would like to start this off with some information , then a question.
I am an Arab, and I am moving to the US. Will I have a hard time there? Or will I get rejected because of where I am from.
Please help me.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Generally citizens of the US are really accepting of people. I don't see why your race would be taken into account.
Sadly, there is always the possibility of racist people wherever you go. Best thing to do would be to not let it get to you.

Overall though, you shouldn't have any trouble over here :)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Not american, so don't trust me too much, but racism is probably more common in some states than the other, but often younger are americans are supportive (and interested) in people of other countries and cultures. I hope you have a nice time in the US :)

Reaction score
I mean, the general philosophy is no matter your upbringing, if you work hard, you can succeed. The nation itself is made up of every culture, and it really saddens me when one culture discriminates another because they're different. I can't promise that there won't be occasional jerks, but on a whole, you will not be denied any opportunities (work, products, etc) based on your origin, especially if you're in a big city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Yes, as was stated above, some states have more racists etc. than others. However, if you have any issues with anyone doing something of the sort, you are more than welcome to report them to the police, school administrators, etc.
I hope you enjoy your stay in the US.
Also, I have an Islamic last name, because my father comes from Bangladesh. I have occasionally run into "bullies" who make fun of my last name, even though I myself am Christian. All that I had to do was give them a little, uh, pain ;)

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Being Canadian and playing us I've never had anyone mock me by going EH? A lot or asking me if I live in an igloo xD

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Hi.
If you feel you are being bullied or being disrespected. I recommend you hop onto our ts. ts.mcgamer.net
If you don't know what TS Is then click here. Poke one of our members of staff who are active and they will tend to your needs. It doesn't matter what region you move to, there will still be nasties.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Move to Canada

As cubes said, generally people are accepting to new citizens and a good thing about large countries like the US and Canada is there are helpful help lines and people who can help if you ever feel bullied because of your race you can call upon them.

I know for fact if you move to Canada, we actually have a Kids Help Phone which you can call and access a bunch of helpful people

Reaction score
Hi.
If you feel you are being bullied or being disrespected. I recommend you hop onto our ts. ts.mcgamer.net
If you don't know what TS Is then click here. Poke one of our members of staff who are active and they will tend to your needs. It doesn't matter what region you move to, there will still be nasties.
What TheBluemeerkat is trying to say is that you are a part of our community and we're all friends here. If anything is ever wrong, you can come to us. The staff team and the members of the community are glad to help!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci