• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Catching Fire "soft" launch and 1.7 bug fixes!

Nkwe

Diamond
Reaction score
Why are we calling this a soft launch? Well, because how advanced this game type is using a lot of the Minecraft environmental features we expect some bugs we will need to squash before next weekend. If you see any bugs with this game type (which we fixed most today), please report them here so we can perfect this gametype. Like SG Classic, we are separating the leaderboard statistics for this game variant but we are resetting them on Thursday at 10 PM CST because of this beta launch. Once released, we will add more servers on the other networks around the world. We will post the official announcement thread then announcing the finished version of our mini game. Good luck and may the odds be never in your favor! :)
So you asked to report any bugs or things of that sort. Well yesterday I tried this new Catching Fire game type on US for the first time and in the first game I played something odd happened; while I was fighting a guy some sort of glass cage or something of that sort got me trapped and the guy just killed me. Now is that a glitch or is it just some sort of weird trap? It was just like 5 or 6 glass blocks just appeared around me and I was trapped inbetween them..

EnigmaPopstar

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, i play on a mac, and everytime i play quarter quell (usually a few minutes in) it freezes and i have to restart my computer :/

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, i play on a mac, and everytime i play quarter quell (usually a few minutes in) it freezes and i have to restart my computer :/
That's entirely dependent on the specs of your computer. But yes, in general people have been having more lag than usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci