• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

/chat off

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeKaLuSa

Spectator
Reaction score
Please please add a chat off feature. The chat is usually pretty bad and i bet about half the people that could play on your servers don't because of the language. Please add a feature so you can type /ch off and /ch on to turn off the chat.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if this were added. I personally love listening to the chat when I'm a spectator, but the death updates and stuff get annoying sometimes.

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, it would be great. Only problem i see is what if a staff member would like to speak to you? you couldnt see them. We would have to make it so you could.

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe we could use a whisper feature to send it directly to the player that would override chat off. That way, staff can talk to people when needed.

BeKaLuSa

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes thank you. Its not really the updates I'm referring too though, its more the bad language and thing like that. And if you wanted to be talked too, you could type /tell BeKaLuSa . Please add this soon because my brothers and sister are not allowed to play because of the language, even though they love the survival games. Thanks :)

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, we could add a plugin that changes certain words into different words. Those are fun to mess around with.

ikester110

Tribute
Reaction score
If you did that some people would just go around it with different variations of spelling, the chat off/on function would be better for actually blocking all language imo.

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So when can u add it?
Why dont you report the bad language people? I mean you are asking to stop it but you could also report so they get 'a tempban' so they learned there lesson.

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes. Please post on the forums for any bad language. There are lots of mods around to take care of that stuff. (Like me. XD)

Robdown2

Experienced
Reaction score
I got an idea if tht feature was added. you could make it so when an admin or mod speaks you can still see it even with the /chat off thing. that would fix the fact that with /chat off you couldn't read what admins said. but personally myself i dont mind the chat but it would be good because sometimes you get really crude people on the servers.

metscatcher18

Tribute
Reaction score
I feel like we need more mods that play more often, there never seems to be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci