• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

cmhcraft12 & ImaginaryMan's Entry for the Lobby Contest

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok! The update is finished! Check out the pictures to see what's new!

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
It's a fine start, but it needs some work. It doesn't really break any new ground, and seems rather monotone; uninspired even. I don't really get a sense of theme, awe, excitement, or much of anything else. It seems designed to be a couple of rooms to wait in before the game starts, nothing more. Personally, I think exploring the lobby should be an adventure in itself, not just a waiting place. If you don't have that, you'll quickly get bored, which I could definitely imagine myself doing here.

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
It's a fine start, but it needs some work. It doesn't really break any new ground, and seems rather monotone; uninspired even. I don't really get a sense of theme, awe, excitement, or much of anything else. It seems designed to be a couple of rooms to wait in before the game starts, nothing more. Personally, I think exploring the lobby should be an adventure in itself, not just a waiting place. If you don't have that, you'll quickly get bored, which I could definitely imagine myself doing here.
:eek:

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't think it's a bad lobby though! Just needs a bit of improvement, a theme, more things to do, and to quote Maxlupus: MOARRRRR DETAILS!
-.-
Ok. Do you have any suggestions? I made it when accounting for the fact that people will only spend a maximum of 5 minutes in it, between games.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
To enter the contest you just reply to the thread with your link.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
-.-
Ok. Do you have any suggestions? I made it when accounting for the fact that people will only spend a maximum of 5 minutes in it, between games.
They'll only spend 5 minutes between 1 game, but they'll spend those 5 minutes again every time they die and join a new server. You want enough stuff to entertain them for a great expanse of time, not just 5 minutes.

And some suggestions: Give people more space to move around. As has been mentioned before, it feels quite cramped. Add easter eggs! More areas! Things people haven't seen before! And also, get rid of those cobwebs. No be wll like them.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Wait... So, they review all the maps on the 16th, right? Or is it the 17th? I know that December 16 is the deadline.
They review it the 16th and announce the winner on the 17th

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Wait... So, they review all the maps on the 16th, right? Or is it the 17th? I know that December 16 is the deadline.
They review on the 16th and announce the winners on the 17th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci