• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

cmhcraft12 & ImaginaryMan's Entry for the Lobby Contest

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
They'll only spend 5 minutes between 1 game, but they'll spend those 5 minutes again every time they die and join a new server. You want enough stuff to entertain them for a great expanse of time, not just 5 minutes.

And some suggestions: Give people more space to move around. As has been mentioned before, it feels quite cramped. Add easter eggs! More areas! Things people haven't seen before! And also, get rid of those cobwebs. No be wll like them.
That's a pretty good point.
And... Ok... Fine. I'll get rid of the cobwebs. :p

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
SInce I've given my feedback on some of the other entries, I feel accustomed to do the same for yours. First off, the positives; I love the way you've used lighting to your advantage, it looks surprisingly pretty in the outcome. The Hall Of Deaths is a great idea, although I fail to see how you could decide who gets the honour of being there.

Okay then, onto the negatives: I feel that many of your signs or ideas come off as quite manipulative to the rest of the community; the rules, although forceful and with good intentions, is quite brash and almost to the point of rude. I feel this is the same with the quiz; people would prefer a quiz on general knowledge, proper questions which don't relate to the rules or restrictions. I personally don't see the point of the cage, it seems a waste of space. The problem with the main room isn't that it's small, that doesn't bother me at all. It's that it lacks any detail whatsoever; add fountains, benches, anything to liven your lobby. The theme is cosy? Cosy should be accompanied with furniture, fireplaces, not emptiness, which implies the opposite. The Jungle House also suffers from the same lack of detail. For the parkour, again, detail is needed on the walls/ceiling. I also dislike the addition of cobwebs; it doesn't look pretty, and it's generally only tedious and annoying for the member to get through.

It's not a bad effort, not at all. But I feel that this lobby needs to undergo an immense amount of detail before it could even have the chance of being accepted.

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
SInce I've given my feedback on some of the other entries, I feel accustomed to do the same for yours. First off, the positives; I love the way you've used lighting to your advantage, it looks surprisingly pretty in the outcome. The Hall Of Deaths is a great idea, although I fail to see how you could decide who gets the honour of being there.

Okay then, onto the negatives: I feel that many of your signs or ideas come off as quite manipulative to the rest of the community; the rules, although forceful and with good intentions, is quite brash and almost to the point of rude. I feel this is the same with the quiz; people would prefer a quiz on general knowledge, proper questions which don't relate to the rules or restrictions. I personally don't see the point of the cage, it seems a waste of space. The problem with the main room isn't that it's small, that doesn't bother me at all. It's that it lacks any detail whatsoever; add fountains, benches, anything to liven your lobby. The theme is cosy? Cosy should be accompanied with furniture, fireplaces, not emptiness, which implies the opposite. The Jungle House also suffers from the same lack of detail. For the parkour, again, detail is needed on the walls/ceiling. I also dislike the addition of cobwebs; it doesn't look pretty, and it's generally only tedious and annoying for the member to get through.

It's not a bad effort, not at all. But I feel that this lobby needs to undergo an immense amount of detail before it could even have the chance of being accepted.
What do you mean by "I feel that many of your signs or ideas come off as quite manipulative to the rest of the community"?
Also, did you have any questions in mind for the quiz? I'm kinda stuck. :I
Ok. I'll try my best to follow your advise. Thanks! :)

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score

Oh. That's easy. I just put in a bunch of random names in there with a bunch of random deaths. :) (Well... Except for Chad and Clank. :p )

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
It'd be great, but seems so similar in style to the current lobby. I do however agree with pretty much everything Zeno said.

Thanks for saving me from a 500 word post Zeno

Just for you....
#Dempuppies

cmhcraft12

Survivor
Reaction score
It'd be great, but seems so similar in style to the current lobby. I do however agree with pretty much everything Zeno said.

Thanks for saving me from a 500 word post Zeno

Just for you....
#Dempuppies
XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci