• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Discussion: What do YOU want to see added to MCG?

Ceroria is a nub

• Yes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Yeah

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Yer

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Flipsoap

Platinum
Reaction score
I think MCG is pretty solid where it's at currently, but maybe some new mini-games would be fun!

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Plz dunz make me vote for those…… OH IT'S A CLOSE ONE.

I dunno just some fixes on no cheat, asia servers (Aishyian Eeeeiiiinvashyian uhof dha eneeaaashyian), and as well as a more organized and frankly, less confuzzling way of getting into the games from the hub and forums needed to be cleaned. (Stated in previous thread but MIGHT AS WELL RIGHT!?)
And ik i said fixes on no cheat but also on plugins and GeckoGoggals this is for you and the SGC fans new or old:
FIX SGC LIKE WE ASK IN THE SECTION. People still enjoy playing it.

Flipsoap

Platinum
Reaction score
Plz dunz make me vote for those…… OH IT'S A CLOSE ONE.

I dunno just some fixes on no cheat, asia servers (Aishyian Eeeeiiiinvashyian uhof dha eneeaaashyian), and as well as a more organized and frankly, less confuzzling way of getting into the games from the hub and forums needed to be cleaned. (Stated in previous thread but MIGHT AS WELL RIGHT!?)
And ik i said fixes on no cheat but also on plugins and GeckoGoggals this is for you and the SGC fans new or old:
FIX SGC LIKE WE ASK IN THE SECTION. People still enjoy playing it.
Yeah, a cleaner way to all the games would be cooler. There are also some bugs with the 48 man servers when the match is over you end up in a different lobby.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
A forgiveness system similar to badlion. Where people can explain their situation and yield an apology for the rules broken and often have their ban length reduced to a month or two or even gotten rid of entirely. Also, more community events that include mcgamer players but not located on the server. Something like UHC because UHC master race amirite?
We in fact do have a forgiveness system, although it isn't as lenient as Badlion's. You may in fact explain your situation and apologize and if you are sincere and mature, you can be unbanned c:
  • Larger server selection (like v1, before november update)
  • This includes saving your spot where you are at when you finish a game
  • Less stuff in the sg hub (dont need the fountain, or the little courtyard
  • Dynamic servers I do not think are very efficient based on definition of describing time (if they are in any way, please let someone explain it to me)
Regarding my suggestion that was shor down; I suggested we revert 50~100 servers per region to being dedicated and numbered from say 1-100. Then we create a wall like we used to have and when more servers are needed, dynamic ones are booted up. Unfortunately it is not possiblbe to revert back. The dynamic servers have improved the efficiency of our network in so many ways. I know they're confusing. I am finding it kind of annoying myself but there isn't much to do. Trust me, I'm thinking of a possible way and when I do I'll tell ya
There are already some for the staff... Some showing people who have long histories and dedication to the servers would be really awesome :)

Also maybe an Ex-Staff Medal >_>
I think we should do some digging and reward the "mod" medal on the forums to more than just the mods who resigned after it was implemented last summer. I'll add this ^-^

Also I'd love to see badges regarding long time experience compared to just getting achievements :p

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
A new hub? The current one is kinda boring, there is nothing to explore. The old one used to have a lot of little secrets and parcours.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Optional chat restrictions - /muteall and /ignore [player]
I've put this forward on the forums, but haven't actually taken it to the Sr. Staff yet. Personally, I think a /muteall would be fine as it is, without a /ignore command.
Livestreaming tab on the website
Proposed and denied. If it's on MCGamer, it has to be constantly moderated to assure there is no swearing, abuse, advertising, etc. Watching videos for the media section takes 10ish minutes, but watching an entire stream can take hours. After hearing that, I 100% agree that it shouldn't be implemented.
"Member Stories" forum section under CC
I think it should be more of an "Introductions/Farewells" section, not really a member stories. Community corner is member stories. :p
Forum Badges for being a good abuse reporter
You'd be surprised what I am trying to work out, pretty sure it'll be better than a forum medal.
Larger server selection (like v1, before november update)
The servers fit to the amount of players on the network. For example, if 96 players were on, there would be 4 (or 5) servers. If at a time there was 2,400 players on, there were be 100 (or 101) servers. So, at this time, there are pretty much unlimited servers (up to a point).
A forgiveness system
You can be forgiven for certain offenses. It was said there would be news about the forgiveness policy coming soon.
Also maybe an Ex-Staff Medal
You can keep the staff medal after you resign, maybe ask an admin for it?
A new hub? The current one is kinda boring, there is nothing to explore. The old one used to have a lot of little secrets and parcours.
Maybe just editing the current one? I like the layout and looks, it just could use some edits ;)

As for my suggestions:

Forums

• Moving the feature suggestions to the "MCGamer Network" category because suggestions can be made for more than just survival games.
    • If this happens, removal of all other feature suggestions should be removed. They are under SGC, QQ, ZedChase, MCTF2, Creative, and Battlegrounds.
  • Add in a mini-games section, with all the AntVenom games, which are starting to gain popularity.
  • Add in a "Introductions and Farewells" child node under community corner.
  • Removal of the sponsor's lounge. It's rarely used.
  • Removal of the development blog. All the developer news is posted in news and announcements anyways.
  • Removal of the "Contest Entries" section under "Quarter Quell." The contest has been over for 3+ months.
  • Removal of the survival section. It's been removed from the hub and network, I have to ask why it's still on the forums.
  • Moving the map archive under map discussions and removing the other archives. They're sorta redundant and unnecessary.
TeamSpeak
  • Removal of all channels under "Other Games" How many people are playing goat simulator on MCGamer's TeamSpeak?
  • Adding in a "Mini-games" heading with all AntVenom games.
  • Removal of the VIP AFK Lounge. VIPs can jut go to the normal AFK, they don't need another redundant channel.
  • Changing the VIP - Staff Help Desk to a normal help desk. When it comes to getting the help of a staff member, everyone should get fair treatment. VIPs shouldn't get priority treatment.
  • Other suggestion that I wont say here (it'll only cause issues).
In-Game
  • Changing the voting system back. People seemed to have liked it.
  • Adding in a book with the basic MCGamer rules (in the hub of course).
  • Changes to the hub, adding in more secret places to explore.
Other
  • Rewards for making report abuses.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
HE WROTE A BIG POST BUT I'M JUST GOING TO QUOTE IT LIKE THIS
I literally agree with everything you just said. xD

Interesting little story:
Last night I had a dream about MCSG. The waiting lobby was changed back to the v1 lobby, but with extra updates, like armor stands. It was awesome. I think my brain has some kind of inner desire for this :)

But the old lobby was actually more fun than the new lobby IMO. It's smaller, has do-able parkour, and has a more interesting style to it. Besides, why are we keeping the name of Lobby Games instead of changing it to something more accurate?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci