• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

vlubba

Spectator
Reaction score
Hmmm... Teaming welp we all know that if MCSG does ban it, users will just continue to do it. If or if not deciding to ban it is a very hard challenge to "Eliminate" it.

But to go as far as masking usernames and changing everyone's skin to Steve is bizarre, That choice would defintley lose alot of users in my opinion But I also understand the huge issue.

Something that seems more "Important" to me is the awful chat in MCSG lobbys/Games , If it isn't obvious, everyone is either advertising themselves, Spamming, Being very crude, Etc. Literally every lobby I've ever been to Everyone's breaking the chat rules.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmmm... Teaming welp we all know that if MCSG does ban it, users will just continue to do it. If or if not deciding to ban it is a very hard challenge to "Eliminate" it.

But to go as far as masking usernames and changing everyone's skin to Steve is bizarre, That choice would defintley lose alot of users in my opinion But I also understand the huge issue.

Something that seems more "Important" to me is the awful chat in MCSG lobbys/Games , If it isn't obvious, everyone is either advertising themselves, Spamming, Being very crude, Etc. Literally every lobby I've ever been to Everyone's breaking the chat rules.
As I said a few posts ago, they're not planning on removing teaming, just allocate some servers to be No-Teaming servers. If they were going to removing teaming all together, there would be more of an uproar about it.

As I can't really agree with the "awful chat", for I haven't seen that much personally, that is for a different topic and will probably be dealt with soon, as teaming seems to be the focus at this moment.

J

Jojo

I love the idea of the team sg and the solo sg but pls don't make ua stevee that would destroy the fun of the whole game!

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think people shouldn't be allowed to team up with their friends just because others happen to find themselves in a disadvantage against them. MCSG has been a game about strategy and (believe it or not) making allies and I think it should remain that way.

I am fully aware of the fact that MCSG is not supposed to be completely like "The Hunger Games". but come on... teaming is a part of the game, whether you can kill them or not.

Julius345

Platinum
Reaction score
For people that say teaming has always been a part of mcsg and it's just a 'strategy' to win, that doesn't always mean it's good. The same goes for hacking. If hackers say: "Hackers have always been a big part of mcsg and it's just strategy to win" it's suddenly a really bad argument, so it doesn't make sense it's a good argument for teaming.

Last edited:

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
For people that say teaming has always been a part of mcsg and it's just a 'strategy' to win, that doesn't always mean it's good. The same goes for hacking. If hackers say: "Hackers have always been a big part of mcsg and it's just strategy to win" it's suddenly a really bad argument, so it doesn't make sense it's a good argument for teaming.
Comparing teaming to hacking is like comparing deleting ban evidence to murder....

Cscoop

Decep.

Iron
Reaction score
I agree there should be some FFA servers but still limits in normal games like no bigger than 3?

EpicN1nja1

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes please! This would be great, but how would a moderator determine what a "Team" is.. Im sure a lot of confusion would build up in this.. And also what about all the servers that are numbered under 100... What i mean is that the majority of players do not team, making it a lot harder for players that want to team to find a game, because the majority of players will be playing in an FFA server. I say its a good idea but maybe have it that servers from 1-10 are the only FFA servers. Not only would it be easier to find a game where you are allowed to team in (and by that I mean find a game that you can team in and has other players in it), but it would also make moderating those games that do not allow teams a lot more easier. Other than that I think its a great idea... I was actually thinking about this non-teaming servers idea just a week ago while playing MCSG.

S

Sepyz

Just going to throw this out there: The majority of the players voting "Yes" are relatively unknown in this community.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci