• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
But the reason people want a solo Survival Games is so that it will count toward their statistics.
it would prob use the same plugin but just modified slightly they should be able to connect to the status DB even if they cant ppl would prob not mind if it was a separate DB it should be as easy as adding a new server node to the server (i would hope :3 the devs will know ) (or just use some of the mcsg server and change the bungeecoord signs) and going back to chads post maybe 24 server could be ATSG AntiTargetSurvivalGames hiding skins and player names

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
it would prob use the same plugin but just modified slightly they should be able to connect to the status DB even if they cant ppl would prob not mind if it was a separate DB it should be as easy as adding a new server node to the server (i would hope :3 the devs will know ) (or just use some of the mcsg server and change the bungeecoord signs) and going back to chads post maybe 24 server could be ATSG AntiTargetSurvivalGames hiding skins and player names
AntiTarget... I mean.. That's a bit extreme, this would only help YouTubers and would just be taking slots away from MCSG servers. If you really think you're being targeted for being a donor, try being a mod or VIP. I never specifically ran into targeting problems as a donor before becoming a mod and the only time I was targeted was for my armor, or the fact that I was very low on health and the person really wanted to try to get the one hit needed on me to kill me.

Reaction score
But the reason people want a solo Survival Games is so that it will count toward their statistics.
But... This is one of the reasons why I don't want this to happen.... If they make it count towards the statistics, people could just tryhard solo SG. They would most likely make a whole new leaderboard, and make it separate.

And how would this help MCG? Doing this will just make more work, which the time can be used on better things, more important things.

Also, a lot of moderators have recently resigned because they don't have enough
time (I know there are other reasons, but I am just pointing out). If this is added, moderators would have to spend even more time, which can lead to them resigning. And making the server possibly falling apart due to a minor portion of the community complaining about it is worth it? Not in my eyes.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But... This is one of the reasons why I don't want this to happen.... If they make it count towards the statistics, people could just tryhard solo SG. They would most likely make a whole new leaderboard, and make it separate.

And how would this help MCG? Doing this will just make more work, which the time can be used on better things, more important things.

Also, a lot of moderators have recently resigned because they don't have enough
time (I know there are other reasons, but I am just pointing out). If this is added, moderators would have to spend even more time, which can lead to them resigning. And making the server possibly falling apart due to a minor portion of the community complaining about it is worth it? Not in my eyes.
I honestly am not sure if I'm for or against this, but it shouldn't be a seperate gamemode, that would take way too much work. It'd be nice to see this be given a trial run like the chest update last year. Maybe a few servers are given the no teaming rule and there is an announcement added stating that teaming is illegal. This will be a part of regular MCSG, therefore having the same aspects of the game, but just having teaming be illegal, and kickable/bannable.

Thepsps56

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea! But I think you could improve. Insted of having dedicated FFA servers and team servers, why not have a /friend with a limit. So say if you /friend some player and they accepted it, you can team with them. But the rule is you are only allowed to use 1-5 per 24 hrs. This cooldown prevents people from abusing the command. If you are friended in the game, there should be an icon (any icon) Above the name to show that people are teamed. If 2 people are teamed and dont have the icon, They can be banned. The reason why I made this comment is because if you do FFA servers and team servers, it is gonna reduce the wins of a lot of people and increase the wins for pro's. And people will also have only 100 server which will make it harder for people to join. And no one wants to compete against teamers (exept me xD). And team servers wont be enjoyable (except from pro teams) because the only thing you have to really do is get the most loot/armour to win the game. The only thing that can stop you are teams that have better pvp based skills. The /friend idea will minimise the amount of teams (in the long term) because if people hate teams, the teamers will just be targeted the whole game to make the game more fun. I think this is an easier idea. Thank you for anyone who has read my post!

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
Since I'm in a 2 hour car ride I might as well throw in my opinion.

Teaming has always been a part of this game, since the beginning. When you've been playing for 2+ years like a select few of us have, teaming is the only way to keep you semi-entertained by this game. What makes teaming fun (for me at least) is the fact that you can your friends can play and have a good time without a large risk of you guys dying, which leads to the ability to doing something fun at the end of the game. There's a difference between doing that against solo players and against teams. With teaming servers and FFA servers, if you decide to team, virtually everyone else in the game will be in a team along with yourself. Aside from that, when I do decide to play solo, fighting teams is what gives you a slight challenge. I, myself, win nearly every game that I'll be in without a team in it. (Which isn't very many considering I like to scrim and battle). Anyways, without teams the challenge aspect of the game goes away. As people said before, teaming will also take away the "Hunger Games" aspect that Survival Games had had all these years. If you take a look at the vote, about 33% of people say no to this, which for the most part are the experienced players who know what doing this would do to the servers.

I typed this on mobile, I know there's multiple topics in one paragraph ;-;

E

Ephiza

Since I'm in a 2 hour car ride I might as well throw in my opinion.

Teaming has always been a part of this game, since the beginning. When you've been playing for 2+ years like a select few of us have, teaming is the only way to keep you semi-entertained by this game. What makes teaming fun (for me at least) is the fact that you can your friends can play and have a good time without a large risk of you guys dying, which leads to the ability to doing something fun at the end of the game. There's a difference between doing that against solo players and against teams. With teaming servers and FFA servers, if you decide to team, virtually everyone else in the game will be in a team along with yourself. Aside from that, when I do decide to play solo, fighting teams is what gives you a slight challenge. I, myself, win nearly every game that I'll be in without a team in it. (Which isn't very many considering I like to scrim and battle). Anyways, without teams the challenge aspect of the game goes away. As people said before, teaming will also take away the "Hunger Games" aspect that Survival Games had had all these years. If you take a look at the vote, about 33% of people say no to this, which for the most part are the experienced players who know what doing this would do to the servers.

I typed this on mobile, I know there's multiple topics in one paragraph ;-;
i think ik what im doing. and i dont rlly care much about a 2 team. i get 4+ man teamed 1/2 my games, which is kinda insane

I_Sure_Am

Spectator
Reaction score
If you masked skins and username then it would set an easy opening for hackers to come and take over.

Kosei

Spectator
Reaction score
bruh. i was in some randy clans, and 1 good one. we scrimmed on CA, or on 150+ servers..
guess i haven't played mcsg in too long anyways to tell you guys that but forgotten would play anything 100+, also afaik most of the top tier clans (or what exists of them) now do the same. but anyways this discussion is getting off topic now so yeah :S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci