• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

ImJellyfish

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the idea! But I think you could improve. Insted of having dedicated FFA servers and team servers, why not have a /friend with a limit. So say if you /friend some player and they accepted it, you can team with them. But the rule is you are only allowed to use 1-5 per 24 hrs. This cooldown prevents people from abusing the command. If you are friended in the game, there should be an icon (any icon) Above the name to show that people are teamed. If 2 people are teamed and dont have the icon, They can be banned. The reason why I made this comment is because if you do FFA servers and team servers, it is gonna reduce the wins of a lot of people and increase the wins for pro's. And people will also have only 100 server which will make it harder for people to join. And no one wants to compete against teamers (exept me xD). And team servers wont be enjoyable (except from pro teams) because the only thing you have to really do is get the most loot/armour to win the game. The only thing that can stop you are teams that have better pvp based skills. The /friend idea will minimise the amount of teams (in the long term) because if people hate teams, the teamers will just be targeted the whole game to make the game more fun. I think this is an easier idea. Thank you for anyone who has read my post!
that is a smart idea as xime 2.0 i believe will have /friend but limiting the amount of times you can use /friend could destroy clan battles clan scrims interclanwars Etc and sadly this would create more targeting in general...

DarkEvil

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree. There should be about 20-50 FFA servers, because a good chunk of the community doesn't support teaming, unless with friends. Everyone should get a disguised name, and staff could do /who *insert disguise name* to find out who they are, and if they're breaking the rules, record/screenshot and ban them. OR you could have a disguised name to everyone, but when you talk in chat, you'll have your normal username.

lncursio

Tribute
Reaction score
Maybe you could add beta or test to see if it gets lot of people (it will) and moderate or open mod applys

AvexHD

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree with this idea but there would be some draw back e.g. would stats be the same because it would be easier to get wins if you were on the teaming servers to the ffa, as well you wouldn't be able to find a game with a mixture of teaming and solo players like at the moment this would maybe make it to easy for some players because alot of players like to try and take out the odd team but i see where it is with all the teams these days in every game.

Another thing which would make mcsg more enjoyable is not having a countdown on d match e.g. Hive. This would put a huge decrease in the amount of random teaming and would improve the happiness of players dramatically

E

Ephiza

I agree with this idea but there would be some draw back e.g. would stats be the same because it would be easier to get wins if you were on the teaming servers to the ffa, as well you wouldn't be able to find a game with a mixture of teaming and solo players like at the moment this would maybe make it to easy for some players because alot of players like to try and take out the odd team but i see where it is with all the teams these days in every game.

Another thing which would make mcsg more enjoyable is not having a countdown on d match e.g. Hive. This would put a huge decrease in the amount of random teaming and would improve the happiness of players dramatically
There's way more teams than solo players. I played a game with Flqw. We where the only 2 people solo. LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE WAS TEAMED.

jwhit1217

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly I love this idea but I also love facing teams, because it gets me better with just 1v1s to. If I were still wanting to face teams here and there, would I still be able to solo in the team games?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci