• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Teaming

Should teaming only be allowed in certain servers?

• Yes

Votes: 381 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 37.7%

• Total voters

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If the implemented no teaming servers, then I think the rest of the servers would either be deserted or full of teams, which would be a bit weird. And Hell on Earth for anyone interested in a challenge ;_;

In the end, you don't necessarily have to be near someone to be teamed with them, so even on the "non-teaming" servers, there would still be some teaming (i.e. a Skype call).

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
If the implemented no teaming servers, then I think the rest of the servers would either be deserted or full of teams. And teams vs. teams isn't very fun....

In the end, you don't necessarily have to be near someone to be teamed with them, so even on the "non-teaming" servers, there would still be some teaming (i.e. a Skype call).
thats more like truceing just as long as they don't both go for u at the same time

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
thats more like truceing just as long as they don't both go for u at the same time
I guess so...

Still, moderating teaming would be something extremely difficult to do, and I would be pleasantly surprised if the staff team was able to pull it off. Though I'm pretty sure people are going to exploit some loophole and find a way around things someday ;_;

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
Being in a truce with someone is still basically a team. Sure, you're not sticking together like typical teams, but when you see each other, you can exchange gear and whatnot. It's also basically taking a target off your back since they won't kill you on sight, giving you a slight advantage over the other players.

As for the second part of that message, they can indirectly both go for you. As one of them are chasing you, they could be telling their truced ally where you going, so they can go for the cut off. To avoid it to look like their teamed, the one chasing you would run when their buddy started fighting.

There are ways to get around this no-teaming, and it can lead to controversial reports and evidence. Not saying that it can't be fixed, just at this current time I don't see a fix for situations like the ones I've said above.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
My vote on this is no. I know how annoying teams of 3-6 are, I run into them almost every game too. But if we create dedicated free-for-all servers, it will make teams of 2 looking for a fun game, completely outmatched in the team servers. By making 100 of the servers FFA-Only servers, you are also squeezing 200 servers worth of the teams into 100 servers, which would cause teams of 4+ to have a hard time finding a server with 4 or more open slots.

I know this looks like an appealing idea, and it REALLY does, but I can see a lot of hidden downsides to this. With clan wars, they will have to find a completely open server, but instead of randoms, there will be teams of randoms, which can cause clan wars to become unbalanced, and cause flame. Most teams of 2 nowadays are casual, so any teams of 2 looking for a fun game, won't be able to find one. They'd have to go up against teams constantly and will most likely not make it very far in ANY game. This could also cause some conflicts in the FFA servers as well. Teams will still try to get into FFA for easy wins, which would bring the need for moderators to focus more on finding teams, than finding hackers.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
teaming is the fun of the game, taking down teams all over the map is fun, but not when every single person is on a team, I think it should stay the same, until something else creative is brought up

Spectral_Slayer

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a great idea! There should be only certain servers that you are allowed to team on. The only problem is how would you coordinate that?

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I voted no, because I think it wouldn't work and people would just team and work together but not stay by each other the whole game. But hey if the staff could actually make a no teaming server work I'd be down :D but come to think of it I would rather have a no HACKING server

E

Ephiza

My vote on this is no. I know how annoying teams of 3-6 are, I run into them almost every game too. But if we create dedicated free-for-all servers, it will make teams of 2 looking for a fun game, completely outmatched in the team servers. By making 100 of the servers FFA-Only servers, you are also squeezing 200 servers worth of the teams into 100 servers, which would cause teams of 4+ to have a hard time finding a server with 4 or more open slots.

I know this looks like an appealing idea, and it REALLY does, but I can see a lot of hidden downsides to this. With clan wars, they will have to find a completely open server, but instead of randoms, there will be teams of randoms, which can cause clan wars to become unbalanced, and cause flame. Most teams of 2 nowadays are casual, so any teams of 2 looking for a fun game, won't be able to find one. They'd have to go up against teams constantly and will most likely not make it very far in ANY game. This could also cause some conflicts in the FFA servers as well. Teams will still try to get into FFA for easy wins, which would bring the need for moderators to focus more on finding teams, than finding hackers.
Teams get a taste of their own medicine then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci