• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
(sorry for double post)
I sincerely hope you're homeschooled.. If not, ditching a few weeks for minecraft is incredibly stupid sorry m8. No excuse for that. Also remember there's a difference between tryharding and boosting
I'm homeschooled buddy, and I'm making up for it at different times :) Also I don't boost, I play the game legit and for fun, you can also see that I'm actually currently rank 24.

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
And this is good why?
Personally, I would like to see a stats reset, especially since something awesome is coming out in the near future..........

I think it's good because it would potentially revamp people's drive to play the game because players may feel that since everyone will be on a level playing field (in terms of statistics), there might be a larger drive to continue playing the game. However, on the other hand, those who have been playing the game for a long time and have racked and racked tonnes of wins, they might get displeased because all of their hard work may have 'gone to waste'.

As a counter argument, it has been clearly stated that there WILL be a 'Legacy Leaderboards', which would still display the statistics of ALL players prior to the potential push of a new leaderboard system.

As it stands currently, clearly the leaderboards have been frozen, something may be wrong, the traffic between all games, their servers, and the leaderboard may have been/ be over loaded, causing something to go wrong. This is clearly a big issue because as competitive as this community is, a lot of players stay and potentially donate because they want to rise through the leaderboards. People have been complaining about their ranks are not updating and that people who were taken off the leaderboards (for issues such as bans) have been stuck at Rank 0 for several days.

In addition, other large communities have considerably more intricate leader boards systems than MCGamer currently has, this may be another driving force for MCGamer to either, revamp the leaderboards, OR revamp the leaders boards, reset all player statistics and move old statistics to a 'legacy database' where people will still have bragging rights. A more intricate leaderboard system, one which would produce information on potentially, daily, weekly and / or monthly statistics for the PvP game types such as SGC, QQ and MCSG, may bring in a larger drive to play the games, bring in a larger user retention rate and / or bring more players to the network in general.

P.S. This is just my 2 cents on the topic, I might add more arguments either in favor or against this cause.
P.S.S If there are grammatical errors, my bad, someone poked me about a hacker on TS :)

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
What good would this do? All people would do is roughly combine the stats on the legacy leaderboards and the new leaderboards to determine someone's stats. That will likely be how clans would determine who gets accepted -- they'll just combine the results. Good players will still be considered good and bad players will still be considered bad.

The leaderboards have a combination of peoples' worst games (this includes all the games they lost when they were first starting out) and their best games. Why should the top players have all of the hours that they've spent playing cleared?

Resetting the global leaderboards would serve only one purpose from my perspective: to show how good someone is from that point on. But it doesn't take into account the learning process, all the games that were lost due to stupid errors, that every player has to go through.

If you want a way to show how good someone is "from this point on", then you should be implementing weekly, monthly and even yearly leaderboards -- you know, like the front page post a few months ago hinted that you were working on? Or was this just thrown into the cesspool of abandoned projects? To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Let's add that to the list of hyped features that never gets implemented.

Resetting the global leaderboards would do nothing. Why would anyone bother competing "to be the best" if the leaderboards could just be unsuspectingly cleared again in the future?

Last edited:

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, I would like to see a stats reset, especially since something awesome is coming out in the near future..........

I think it's good because it would potentially revamp people's drive to play the game because players may feel that since everyone will be on a level playing field (in terms of statistics), there might be a larger drive to continue playing the game. However, on the other hand, those who have been playing the game for a long time and have racked and racked tonnes of wins, they might get displeased because all of their hard work may have 'gone to waste'.

As a counter argument, it has been clearly stated that there WILL be a 'Legacy Leaderboards', which would still display the statistics of ALL players prior to the potential push of a new leaderboard system.

As it stands currently, clearly the leaderboards have been frozen, something may be wrong, the traffic between all games, their servers, and the leaderboard may have been/ be over loaded, causing something to go wrong. This is clearly a big issue because as competitive as this community is, a lot of players stay and potentially donate because they want to rise through the leaderboards. People have been complaining about their ranks are not updating and that people who were taken off the leaderboards (for issues such as bans) have been stuck at Rank 0 for several days.

In addition, other large communities have considerably more intricate leader boards systems than MCGamer currently has, this may be another driving force for MCGamer to either, revamp the leaderboards, OR revamp the leaders boards, reset all player statistics and move old statistics to a 'legacy database' where people will still have bragging rights. A more intricate leaderboard system, one which would produce information on potentially, daily, weekly and / or monthly statistics for the PvP game types such as SGC, QQ and MCSG, may bring in a larger drive to play the games, bring in a larger user retention rate and / or bring more players to the network in general.

P.S. This is just my 2 cents on the topic, I might add more arguments either in favor or against this cause.
P.S.S If there are grammatical errors, my bad, someone poked me about a hacker on TS :)
That "something awesome" has to do something with the new NCP bots thingy idea?

on9

Platinum
Reaction score
guys why not give an option for everyone to reset or not reset their stats

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
Keep the old leaderboards available for everyone to see but can't update, and reset all stats and create a new leaderboard.
No, by doing this people will get encouraged to not play mcsg. For example gravey4rd, he has spent years getting to number one, if I was him and the leaderboards gets reset I would quit because, all the hard work I have spent getting to 4000 wins might not ever happen again. My main point is no, people that spent years and getting in the top one-thousand and it was thrown away..... I would just quit.
We got it.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
I voted yes! I think that if the leaderboards reset new players will have a chance to become good :)
All new players have a chance to become good. People on the first page worked their way up there when others already had 1000-2000 wins, why should it be any different or easier for new people??

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I swear all the complaining is making me sad am I the only top 50 player who is ok with this? Maybe it cause I quit l3l

Edit: People on the forms may not want a reset but the rest of the community does ingame is up to 3k!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci