• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I swear all the complaining is making me sad am I the only top 50 player who is ok with this? Maybe it cause I quit l3l

Edit: People on the forms may not want a reset but the rest of the community does ingame is up to 3k!
Because you quit, I understand because you won't be able to lose rank. If you didn't quit, I believe you'd look more towards "wtf, I wanna rank higher, not get it stopped."

& Seeing this: http://web.archive.org/web/20130708145617/http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats

^ The leaderboards were something like that when I started. Mostly 1,000-2,000 wins. I managed to get up there... Yeah, it's more challenging now, I understand that but isn't that the point of a leaderboard?

To try rank high, should it be easier? No.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
People need to understand that sometimes, letting go is a good thing.
Keep in mind that, if implemented, a leaderboard reset will NOT:
  • Get rid of your old statistics.
  • Reduce the amount of competitive players. (In fact, that would increase.)
  • Discourage highly-ranked players to keep playing. (Wouldn't it inspire them to go for #1?)
  • Be any harm to the community.
Now, there will always be boosters and such, but over the course of a few weeks, they will be out of sight on the highly-ranked leaderboards.
That's totally wrong... I'm friends with 4 people in top 100, 3 on the first page, and they all said they would pretty much quit if they were reset, not 'inspire them' to play more.

Prawnking88

Spectator
Reaction score
New leaderboards and even the possibility to order by:
- games/rounds
etc

thats even better so people will also work on their average and amout of kills they make

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm obviously voting no, when I first starting playing 1.5 years ago and the top people had lots more wins, there was no stats reset, and after a year of try harding I got up there and now you want to stop stats from growing with all the hackers going around atm, then that'll just force me to quit. I'm sure i'm wouldn't be the only one.

Ian

Career
Reaction score
Note all people denying are only concerned because they're highly ranked or have friends in the top portion of the leaderboards... lol

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Note all people denying are only concerned because they're highly ranked or have friends in the top portion of the leaderboards... lol
Though keep in mind that it is a valid point, and we wish to get all opinions on the issue.

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol. Why should new players get it easy? I wanted a year of my life playing and thats on me wanting to be up there. Just because they're new players dosn,t mean anything

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
It would be awesome if every game you played counted for both leaderboards

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
I swear all the complaining is making me sad am I the only top 50 player who is ok with this? Maybe it cause I quit l3l

Edit: People on the forms may not want a reset but the rest of the community does ingame is up to 3k!
You're completely wrong. The only reason why the in-game poll is winning is because of CreeperFarts video. All his little fanboys are voting yes because of him.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
You're completely wrong. The only reason why the in-game poll is winning is because of CreeperFarts video. All his little fanboys are voting yes because of him.
So I'm wrong that the in game community wants the stats to be reset and that one youtuber made everyone vote yea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci