• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
Why not make half of the servers what you'd call legacy servers. In the servers you can continue on with your statistics now. The other half can be players who want the reset and play on them.
Umm, that wouldn't make sense at all tbh lol.
On a side note, when is FFA servers coming out? IF I SEE ANOTHER TEAM O MA LORD

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
This idea is so stupid.....
So far i checked everyones stats that said "Yes" and i never seen above 1/5 yet.....

The only thing that would be better is if you just add a daily, weekly, monthly, and all-time leaderboards.
I can see how you would be trying to make a good point with that statement about the yes voter's stats, which is a very mature and analytical thing to do.

Just to prove you right, I went through the first 10 pages on this thread and found 6 people with 1/5 or better ratios who voted yes. Sterotypes are bad... Made-up statistics are bad... Analysis is good.

Don't make things up just to reinforce your opinion. Although if you could come up with some sort of actual data concerning the topic, that would be impressive.

AephexHasSweges

Experienced
Reaction score
Nuh, Nuh, Nuh, NO
People on the 1st page boost?
Only Majestic does. No one else.
Your better than 90% of the people in the first 5 pages?
Is that why you have less than a 1/7 - 1/8 ratio?

This exactly proves my point, another person who supports it, and has a bad ratio.

Also^^^^^^^^^^
First of all, I don't think you read that post clearly. MLG is not the only booster. Edog is a bigger booster than he and is on the LB, in my opinion gravey used to boost but it depends on your definition of boosting, and many more. Secondly, this is an alt. I have an acc with 49/78 that I solo'd for. This account I was given with 56/620ish. Plus I scrim and battle on this. I only don't tryhard the LB at all because it's not really possible at this point to reach first page from here. If you think im bad, that's a tad silly. Darkrai202 is the only one on the front page that is better than me by much at all. from the top 50, all that's added is The_Broken_Door and le quack. There are 2 or 3 others in the top 50 that are nearly even skill with me; I cant tell which is better. Either way, I'd have a far greater chance of being in the top 100 or so if there were a LB reset due to the fact that people who used to be good by comparison but haven't gotten better throughout the community unlike some of us don't get the advantage of "getting here first." That's my opinion. Agree or not I don't really care, but honestly what matters here is that none of what you just said is even remotely intelligent. Try again!

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
I can see how you would be trying to make a good point with that statement about the yes voter's stats, which is a very mature and analytical thing to do.

Just to prove you right, I went through the first 10 pages on this thread and found 6 people with 1/5 or better ratios who voted yes. Sterotypes are bad... Made-up statistics are bad... Analysis is good.

Don't make things up just to reinforce your opinion. Although if you could come up with some sort of actual data concerning the topic, that would be impressive.
Personally, I would like to see a stats reset, especially since something awesome is coming out in the near future..........

I think it's good because it would potentially revamp people's drive to play the game because players may feel that since everyone will be on a level playing field (in terms of statistics), there might be a larger drive to continue playing the game. However, on the other hand, those who have been playing the game for a long time and have racked and racked tonnes of wins, they might get displeased because all of their hard work may have 'gone to waste'.

As a counter argument, it has been clearly stated that there WILL be a 'Legacy Leaderboards', which would still display the statistics of ALL players prior to the potential push of a new leaderboard system.

As it stands currently, clearly the leaderboards have been frozen, something may be wrong, the traffic between all games, their servers, and the leaderboard may have been/ be over loaded, causing something to go wrong. This is clearly a big issue because as competitive as this community is, a lot of players stay and potentially donate because they want to rise through the leaderboards. People have been complaining about their ranks are not updating and that people who were taken off the leaderboards (for issues such as bans) have been stuck at Rank 0 for several days.

In addition, other large communities have considerably more intricate leader boards systems than MCGamer currently has, this may be another driving force for MCGamer to either, revamp the leaderboards, OR revamp the leaders boards, reset all player statistics and move old statistics to a 'legacy database' where people will still have bragging rights. A more intricate leaderboard system, one which would produce information on potentially, daily, weekly and / or monthly statistics for the PvP game types such as SGC, QQ and MCSG, may bring in a larger drive to play the games, bring in a larger user retention rate and / or bring more players to the network in general.

P.S. This is just my 2 cents on the topic, I might add more arguments either in favor or against this cause.
P.S.S If there are grammatical errors, my bad, someone poked me about a hacker on TS :)
I think that It's a great idea! It will make MCSG more competitive and interesting to see who is the new Gravey4rd or Huahwi.Im sorry for players like Gravey4rd or Mr_Gears, but its a new oportunity :D

I voted YES
!
Voted yes! Either way im happy tho <3
Vote whit yes
Thing is tho, the LB is meant to display skill level. In the beginning, it really did tbh. Back then, either winning was really easy or near impossible. It really showed you knew how to play. Now, it shows you know people to boost with or were here first. The LB should be based on skill, not who got here first. That's the error with your analogy is that pewdiepie is a great youtuber and whoever you mentioned is good at sports or some crap. Meanwhile, on mcgamer, most people on the front page of the LB either boosted or tryharded for it a long time. Big evidence? I'm better than 90% of people on the first 5 pages while I have a total (among all of my accounts) of 1400 wins or so. If the LB reset, people who are good could top the LB now. In case you haven't realized, because teamers and hackers are so common now, it's harder to win. Go ahead and check out gravey on his leaderboards page. He wins far less than he used to. He can no longer play on EU and instead resorts to US. Here, teams are big and frequent and he has a hard time taking them out with his ping. I'm pretty sure he also no longer boosts with large teams like he did for most of his wins. If the leaderboards were to reset, you wouldn't have people like elishamutang who doesn't even play, noahsailer who quit, or gravey who is nowhere near his prime any more on the front. Instead, you'd see people like today's Torchy and @debits ofc not them considering they've quit but there are still people like them. Unfortunately, amongst these good players, you'd see a fair bit of boosters still. However, it'd be mostly good players. All I'm saying is, there should be more than two people on the front page of the LB better than me.
Is this enough proof?^^^^^
All these people voted yes, and all these people don't have 1/6 yet

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
First of all, I don't think you read that post clearly. MLG is not the only booster. Edog is a bigger booster than he and is on the LB, in my opinion gravey used to boost but it depends on your definition of boosting, and many more. Secondly, this is an alt. I have an acc with 49/78 that I solo'd for. This account I was given with 56/620ish. Plus I scrim and battle on this. I only don't tryhard the LB at all because it's not really possible at this point to reach first page from here. If you think im bad, that's a tad silly. Darkrai202 is the only one on the front page that is better than me by much at all. from the top 50, all that's added is The_Broken_Door and le quack. There are 2 or 3 others in the top 50 that are nearly even skill with me; I cant tell which is better. Either way, I'd have a far greater chance of being in the top 100 or so if there were a LB reset due to the fact that people who used to be good by comparison but haven't gotten better throughout the community unlike some of us don't get the advantage of "getting here first." That's my opinion. Agree or not I don't really care, but honestly what matters here is that none of what you just said is even remotely intelligent. Try again!
I appreciate your determination, but thats it. Your talking crap now. If you were "better" than those people in the front page you would be there, or at least be "known" up to know i never heard of you lmao.

E

Ephiza

Well, if you tryharded, you would be at the top. The people at the top, had to go through the same thing. If you really want to be at the top, then spend the damn time to do it.

Giolightning

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, if you tryharded, you would be at the top. The people at the top, had to go through the same thing. If you really want to be at the top, then spend the damn time to do it.
This is an addition that came up in mind as i read this thread.

EXAMPLES:

1: The Olympics: Look at Usain bolt.
That guy is EXTREMELY fast.
Do you honestly think it took him a day to get him where he is now? NO.
It took him years and years of dedication to get him where he is now, and thats for everyone that is good in their own category, for example: Basketball, Swimming, Baseball, etc.

It takes dedication to get to #1.
#1 Means you are ranked higher than anyone else, despise the other factors that can give you advantage such as ping, fps, it doesn't matter.
The point is you need to work hard to get in the top, its not something to be gifted with.

Its like saying "HEY PEWDIEPIE, IMA DELETE YO VIDS AND RESET YO SUBS"

To make a long story short: No, you want to be #1 work hard for it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eddy

District 13
Reaction score
Let's say this, what if we have two different kind of stats.
Like /stats1 and /stats2 were it tells you your stats in version 1 and version 2.
and also, people that are in clans, it's hard to earn those wins back when your applying for a good clan that have high wins recomendation

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
What I'm getting from this is basically "We don't care about our old, valued players because those who haven't donated already probably won't. We want new players to like the server so they will donate and we'll get more money."

Primeval

Diamond
Reaction score
What I'm getting from this is basically "We don't care about our old, valued players because those who haven't donated already probably won't. We want new players to like the server so they will donate and we'll get more money."
Get this girl a sticker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci