• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andriodsniper68

If they are that good than can't they get to the top again?
Would you try to grind wins if you were 100+ wins over the second place person?This was gravey4rd security blanket. I am pretty sure whoever is number one, wants to stay number one for a while.If so you will play until you can distance yourself from the rest, in which gravey4rd has already done. I am pretty sure gravey4rd and the other people that are on top of the leaderboards will not want to go over this process again.

antonkoetzler

Tribute
Reaction score
IDC what happens, if there is a stats reset, I will be the new bluahi xD, if no stats reset, I will remain a young based god

E

Ephiza

You talked crap as well lmao you're cute

If the people up there spend the time to do it as well and you end up doing it just as fast, you wont pass them it'll stay the same.
That made no sense. You're sounding extremely selfish here, by saying you want an easy way to the top, instead of spending the time to get there.

S

Sepyz

Yeah, I don't see any consequences to voting "Yes", to be honest.
Basically the only people who dislike this new change are the highly ranked players who fear losing their highly ranked position.
According to the official thread, posted by the MCSG higher-ups, the old statistics will stay. Wouldn't that keep the highly-ranked players happy?

The reason they're still pissed off even the Legacy Leaderboards - where all of their hard work was permanently stored, although it means that nothing changes, those old leaderboards would be rendered pointless by several members of the community. The newer, more frequently updated leaderboards would be everyone's main priority, as the Legacy Leaderboards would only host memories.

As Gears mentioned, there is no need to fix something that is not broken. Although he may be correct as of now, the never-changing leaderboards will only continue to worsen. After only two years, the leading amount of wins has exceeded 4000. Imagine what the leaderboards will look like if the same trend continues - there will never be any change.

The joys of the leaderboard update is the fact that, as far as we can tell, there will be no end. Two years of data archived? No problem. After two years, we will see similar statistics, and they will only continue to grow. On top of that, we'll be seeing daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (etc) leaderboards, only adding reason for people to actually play the game competitively.

My main account has roughly 500 wins. It's honestly not that many, but I can definitely let go for the greater good of the community. With the merging of the AntVenom Network, the new players need a chance to make themselves known. They most likely had leaderboards as well, and had players at the top. It honestly just wouldn't be fair to not give them a chance.

(My post on a different thread.)

E

Ephiza

Basically the only people who dislike this new change are the highly ranked players who fear losing their highly ranked position.
According to the official thread, posted by the MCSG higher-ups, the old statistics will stay. Wouldn't that keep the highly-ranked players happy?

The reason they're still pissed off even the Legacy Leaderboards - where all of their hard work was permanently stored, although it means that nothing changes, those old leaderboards would be rendered pointless by several members of the community. The newer, more frequently updated leaderboards would be everyone's main priority, as the Legacy Leaderboards would only host memories.

As Gears mentioned, there is no need to fix something that is not broken. Although he may be correct as of now, the never-changing leaderboards will only continue to worsen. After only two years, the leading amount of wins has exceeded 4000. Imagine what the leaderboards will look like if the same trend continues - there will never be any change.

The joys of the leaderboard update is the fact that, as far as we can tell, there will be no end. Two years of data archived? No problem. After two years, we will see similar statistics, and they will only continue to grow. On top of that, we'll be seeing daily, weekly, monthly, yearly (etc) leaderboards, only adding reason for people to actually play the game competitively.

My main account has roughly 500 wins. It's honestly not that many, but I can definitely let go for the greater good of the community. With the merging of the AntVenom Network, the new players need a chance to make themselves known. They most likely had leaderboards as well, and had players at the top. It honestly just wouldn't be fair to not give them a chance.

Just saying dude, the amount of boosting and hacking from a LB reset, would make me wanna kms -.-

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I voted no but it ain't matter as they are combining both polls on forums and ingame, and ingame the Yes is winning by 2000 votes.. :/

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score

Have you been on the AnteVenom servers? There is no community, his servers are dead. We'll be getting minigames, which is something we do need.

Also everyone, take note to the update, there will be a meeting to discuss this on the fourth: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141004T15&p1=888&ah=2

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Have you been on the AnteVenom servers? There is no community, his servers are dead. We'll be getting minigames, which is something we do need.

Also everyone, take note to the update, there will be a meeting to discuss this on the fourth: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141004T15&p1=888&ah=2
Just because his servers are dead doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of thousands of subs that will see MCG for the first time when he starts recording.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Just because his servers are dead doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of thousands of subs that will see MCG for the first time when he starts recording.
Fair point, but his active subscribers are declining.

A

andriodsniper68

People who have voted no, i am afraid that this change might happen. With over 2,500 people saying yes we are probably at a defeat when the decisions get made. I will try my best to prevent this from happening, but I just do not know why people want this so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci