• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_SquidMan_

Diamond
Reaction score
I think I can agree with the majority of the old community players that have posted here when I say that this is a terrible idea. If you really hate your stats, then thats what a stats reset is for. And if you want to get to the top of the leaderboards, then you have to work for it, like everyone else did because if the leaderboards are reset its gonna be 10x harder for you to get there. It will not be the 'fresh' start it is said to be, it will completely ruin the server. Everyone will think that THEY can get to top 10 so everyone will be tryharding. There will be tonnes and tonnes of win boosters that are not the players that deserve the top positions, the players that deserve it are the ones that earned it (like they are right now). There will more hackers, teaming win boosters, cockiness, and you will surely see many of the truely deserving community players quit as the server takes a massive step in the wrong direction. I literally see people with 40/500 wins spamming in chat for people to vote for yes on the poll, thats why it has so many votes. And guess what? I used to have those exact same crappy stats, and now I have a 1/3 ratio and almost 2k wins. I dont want all that to go to waste nor do I want this server to be destroyed. So yeh... please leave the leaderboards alone :/

J

Joel/MadDawg

Rumor has it they're resetting regardless of what we say. Good to see we wasted our breath for nothing.
No one ever said that the poll or this discussion would determine whether or not they do a reset. At the end of the day Chad has the final say no matter what the community says - and I have no clue what he thinks about all of this.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
No one ever said that the poll or this discussion would determine whether or not they do a reset. At the end of the day Chad has the final say no matter what the community says - and I have no clue what he thinks about all of this.
Chad's a reasonable guy, I wish he would at least read our arguments.

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
Chad's a reasonable guy, I wish he would at least read our arguments.
He is pretty reasonable, as you said. When you said that you wish he would at least read the arguments. I'm pretty sure that before they do something very major such as this, I'm pretty sure that they would at least read it.

Reaction score
Heck no. I may have worst MCSG ratio (72/1100+), but think about players like Gravey4rd. Or Mr_Gears. Rexmanx. Many, MANY more players would tryhard and or hack. Only bringing the downfall of the community.
If it happens think about people that have put effort into getting a single win. Or 100. I'm probably to never reach that number any time soon.

If people want a stat reset, then hell, go buy it. Don't just bring MCGamer down because you lost a few games.

That's my opinion on this col_star

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
He is pretty reasonable, as you said. When you said that you wish he would at least read the arguments. I'm pretty sure that before they do something very major such as this, I'm pretty sure that they would at least read it.
I wouldn't blame him if he didn't read 63 pages of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci