• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Jeez, where are all the arguments for yes? 90% of the posts on this thread are in support of not resetting the leader boards. I hope the people who want the leader board change are seeing the in game vote and thinking they don't need to argue for their side. ):

Anyway, a few quick points I'd like to make:

• Yes, the leader board reset may introduce more 'tryharders' towards the start, but this isn't a negative point at all. More people playing on the servers is good, not bad.
  • I doubt the amount of boosters and hackers will increase by a noticeable amount. If anything, we may see some more boosters for a little while, but eventually it will just be like it is now.
  • People will complain and whine at first, like with any change, but eventually they will get over it and keep playing. This always happens; change is good.
  • To the people that wish for daily leader boards and so on: they have stated multiple times that it is not possible to do this because their system is out dated. They can do this if the leader boards are reset.
  • Why do people keep saying that this is wasting players' hard work? It doesn't really make sense. Their hard work is going no where. They have all the skill and reputation they have gained through those hours of playing, which is what truly matters, that is going no where. The leader boards is just a bonus to this. The legacy leader boards is a good compromise, they are clearly thinking about the players.
  • Even if the leader boards are not changes now, they will be changed eventually. It is inevitable, there is no way this same leader board will be up and running for the years to come.

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
I haven't seen very many good arguments for the Yes side of this... All I've really seen is the same thing said over and over again. Even though the No side has also said the same thing over and over again, the No's actually have more valid points. I've said this from the beginning, no matter what we say, nothing will happen. Chad will make the choice that will make him happy and make him more money. To be quite honest, he won't even care what any side has to say. Money. Money. Money.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
I haven't seen very many good arguments for the Yes side of this... All I've really seen is the same thing said over and over again. Even though the No side has also said the same thing over and over again, the No's actually have more valid points. I've said this from the beginning, no matter what we say, nothing will happen. Chad will make the choice that will make him happy and make him more money. To be quite honest, he won't even care what any side has to say. Money. Money. Money.
It's really been the same arguments from both sides over and over again. I have just seen a lot more for no. We have not really gotten anywhere. :p

Mr_Gears

God Himself
Reaction score
It's really been the same arguments from both sides over and over again. I have just seen a lot more for no. We have not really gotten anywhere. :p
There's really no point to convince Chad. It's his server, even though without us he'd be nowhere.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Gears isn't bashing on Chad by saying this. There is nothing wrong with wanting money.

Last edited:

Imperceivable

Spectator
Reaction score
We don't have this high rank to show it off in 10 years time, we have it because we spent time and worked hard to get it and with that comes the perk of having something to show off for now, not in 10 years which is one of many reasons why players that put time and effort in to this server don't want a leaderboard reset.
Er, I'm not saying you and the others have this rank to show off in ten years, I am simply asking will that rank matter to you in ten years, and pointing out some of the reasons behind choosing one of the two options (the poll options).
I have not voted myself, but have you thought of the other players? the ones who don't aspire to become high because a lot of people have just too many wins to overcome, and that discourages them from playing. Just from looking at it a lot if the competition within mcsg is between the first 200 players (or however many th leaderboards stretch to). How can one person hope to overcome someone who has played for years? (2 I think should be the range though not certain). I know people want to keep the leaderboards the way they are because they do not want all of their hard work for not. However this brings it back to the question, will it matter it to you years from now?

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Er, I'm not saying you and the others have this rank to show off in ten years, I am simply asking will that rank matter to you in ten years, and pointing out some of the reasons behind choosing one of the two options (the poll options).
I have not voted myself, but have you thought of the other players? the ones who don't aspire to become high because a lot of people have just to anso many wins to overcome, and that discourages them from playing. Just from looking at it a lot if the competition within mcsg is between the first 200 players (or however many th leaderboards stretch to). How can one person hope to overcome someone who has played for years? (2 I think should be the range though not certain). I know people want to keep the leaderboards the way they are because they do not want all of their hard work for not. However this brings it back to the question, will it matter it to you years from now?
This brings it back to the answer, yes it will.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Eh. I'd rather just focus on life.
It counts towards life. Say you want to join any job in the gaming industry, would having your name in a Guiness World Record gaming book not count to your resume? If you want to become a successful Youtuber, would your name high up not give you a vast amount of poularity? It will matter in ten years. Unless your hard work is thrown away like it is now.

Imperceivable

Spectator
Reaction score
It counts towards life. Say you want to join any job in the gaming industry, would having your name in a Guiness World Record gaming book not count to your resume? If you want to become a successful Youtuber, would your name high up not give you a vast amount of poularity? It will matter in ten years. Unless your hard work is thrown away like it is now.
You'd have to be quite above and beyond to do that, you'd have to be quite extraordinary , but I suppose you are right depending on what you are trying to enter

Note: I had deleted the post between severrs two posts because I thought it was too off topic

Reaction score
Yeah I understand where you are coming from about how you never said about 'showing off the rank' and I said it in my reply.

To answer again, I'm not saying the rank will matter to any of us in 10 years but however it does matter to us for the time being; that in my opinion is the main reason as to why we are opposed to having a leaderboard reset.

emal2012

Survivor
Reaction score
How about you take a minute to think, and realize of what would happen?

There would be a lot of macro's, hackers, boosters, teams of more than 3 etc etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this isn't remotely good for the server at all.
Ouch burn lol

xDaOpGamerx

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah I understand where you are coming from about how you never said about 'showing off the rank' and I said it in my reply.

To answer again, I'm not saying the rank will matter to any of us in 10 years but however it does matter to us for the time being; that in my opinion is the main reason as to why we are opposed to having a leaderboard reset.
I voted NO because all the hard work over the past 2 years will just go to waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci