• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cixar

Spectator
Reaction score
You do realize that the staff's intentions are to further improve the leaderboards, right?
They're not just trying to piss you off.
It's not worth pissing off any high ranked players.
Yeah thats true but the leaderboards have to reset!!! For all of those new players!
So, you're saying, because new players are too lazy, they should just get a free pass to the top? lmao.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
why? you're perm banned, so it doesn't matter to you at all. why would you want all the good players' stats to be wiped so some bk's who are too lazy to spend the time to get to the top can get to the top?
lol where have you been all morning? I got unbanned xP

S

Sepyz

So, you're saying, because new players are too lazy, they should just get a free pass to the top? lmao.
How is it not worth pissing them off? It's not like they'll sue.

Plus, the staff are trying to be optimistic about the reset and they're letting everyone know the positives. Their main intention is to add more features to the leaderboards and further improve them, which is necessary for a growing community such as MCGamer. They cannot continue to use such primitive technology, and if they continue to keep the same statistics, nothing will ever change.

Your point about the low-ranked players being "lazy" can be applied to the highly ranked players as well - anyone can make the argument that they're too "lazy" to work for a high rank after the reset.

Cixar

Spectator
Reaction score

Plus, the staff are trying to be optimistic about the reset and they're letting everyone know the positives. Their main intention is to add more features to the leaderboards and further improve them, which is necessary for a growing community such as MCGamer. They cannot continue to use such primitive technology, and if they continue to keep the same statistics, nothing will ever change.

Your point about the low-ranked players being "lazy" can be applied to the highly ranked players as well - anyone can make the argument that they're too "lazy" to work for a high rank after the reset.
Yes, but at the very least high ranked players worked for those wins. Most of the people that voted yes have horrible stats, or voted yes because a youtuber *Cough creeperfarts and goldellipse* said to.

S

Sepyz

Yes, but at the very least high ranked players worked for those wins. Most of the people that voted yes have horrible stats, or voted yes because a youtuber *Cough creeperfarts and goldellipse* said to.
Their wins won't be erased. The Legacy Leaderboards exist.
The highly ranked players have good reason to be angry - but they're not seeing the other side of the argument. That's why they usually don't vote "Yes".

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score

Lol we aren't too "lazy" to earn our spot on the leaderboards after the reset, we are just not stupid enough to do all that work to get to the top again, just to have it all taken away at the next reset if they do one. What's the point of trying your hardest if you are just going to get it all reset in the end?

Don't say I don't see it from both sides, because I do. People want weekly, monthly leaderboards. Yeah sure that sounds great, but is an update that simply shows a few more things on the leaderboards worth years of stats being built up? I feel like my wins and time played is worth alot more than an upgraded leaderboards and a leaderboards that no one will care about after awhile.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol we aren't too "lazy" to earn our spot on the leaderboards after the reset, we are just not stupid enough to do all that work to get to the top again, just to have it all taken away at the next reset if they do one. What's the point of trying your hardest if you are just going to get it all reset in the end?

Don't say I don't see it from both sides, because I do. People want weekly, monthly leaderboards. Yeah sure that sounds great, but is an update that simply shows a few more things on the leaderboards worth years of stats being built up? I feel like my wins and time played is worth alot more than an upgraded leaderboards and a leaderboards that no one will care about after awhile.
Just to add, even though they say once it has been updated there will never be another reset. They also promised that there would never be a stats reset before this too I believe.

Cixar

Spectator
Reaction score

Get rekt.

JustSimpleGaming

Survivor
Reaction score

NO!!! Just because player like you have a very big headstart!

TheFlyingBoatman

Survivor
Reaction score
NO!!! Just because player like you have a very big headstart!
So what if they had a big headstart? if you spent the time they did to get to the top of the leaderboards, you will be there as well. It's not an impossible task to do, you just have to spend the damn time to do it.

I would love weekly/monthly/daily leaderboards, everyone wants it I believe, but if the cost of getting it is just removing the statistics that all the top players have worked for for a year and much more, then I'd personally rather keep the leaderboards the way it is, not like it's broken or anything too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci