• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sepyz

Okay I highlighted the main parts I'd like to discuss.

1. if the highly-ranked players wished to stay highly-ranked, wouldn't they start trying for a high rank after the leaderboard reset?

I don't play the game nearly enough as I did however I earned my rank and do not wish to work as hard again. So the answer to the question is no. Personally.

2. Does anyone still care about their old statistics from v1? Nope. That's all in the past.

Exactly my point about the legacy leaderboards being pointless :)

3. If you'd actually leave an entire community just because they're trying to help us by giving us more features through the leaderboards, then you might as well have never joined in the first place.

I'm sorry but this statement is ridiculous. I never joined mcsg to work hard to get a high rank for it to be just reset.

4. Legacy Leaderboards are a great excuse, actually. They literally keep all of the old statistics and do nothing with them. Highly-ranked members on the Legacy Leaderboards will also be respectable, as they were highly ranked in the past.

Mmm, you pretty much just explained how old stats get buried in the past :) So my point that it's a terrible excuse to reset the stats has been proven, by yourself, who is for the reset. :)

Finally. I think your issue is that you're too opinionated towards keeping the current stats - and I completely understand why. You're highly ranked, and you'd like to keep it that way. However, if you'd like, you have a shot at getting an even higher rank through the reset. You should thank the staff for that one.

As I've said previously, I've worked my hardest to get to the top ranks why would I want to do it again, how is that fair for me and others with top ranks?

---

Oh almost forgot, regarding this:
When someone sees a hacker and chooses not to report them, whether it be by recording or asking a moderator to spectate them on Teamspeak, that's their own decision. They consciously chose to not report the person. (Unless, of course, they are unaware of the methods on reporting abusive players)

Let's just say you need to stop assuming what we do and don't do. Secondly, it's our choice if we feel the need to take our time to report someone. You can't tell me I'm wrong, it's my choice and you're telling me if I didn't report the hackers that I don't want hackers banned. Just no.
Yeah, I'm too tired to respond to this. I completely understand why you don't want them reset, but once the reset has happened, everyone will forget about their old stats within a few weeks. All humans are like this. It's natural.
I'm going to go take a nap now.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm too tired to respond to this. I completely understand why you don't want them reset, but once the reset has happened, everyone will forget about their old stats within a few weeks. All humans are like this. It's natural.
Again, everyone will forget about their old stats within a few weeks

This is why we don't want it to happen, most people with high stats are most likely going to quit, sure you can say they'll come back but how do you know that for a fact. The point is that the 'benefit' for us 'old-timers' is that we get 'legacy leaderboards' which even yo admitted will render pointless.

It's ridiculous and I personally will not try to rank for second time. I may still play but purely for YouTube. If they can screw me over with my stats now, they can do it again and again.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, gonna forget the 1700 wins I got on this game in 3 weeks lmao.

iNtr0uble

Spectator
Reaction score
Lmao. It's comical they're even considering this. Give it a year and the same people will be on the top. That's what separates the Top5-10 from everyone else, dedication.

A

andriodsniper68

the leaderboards never stopped…..that literally makes no sense. You could just try as hard as all the top 300 people and move up on the leaderboards like they have. You act like resetting the stats will make it easy for people to get to #1. It's going to be even harder considering all the hackers and boosters that play mcsg now.
Finally someone that gets the main idea.

Majestic0112

Quantum
Reaction score
So basically you guys are saying that you want to throw away 530 hours of my life?!

What a stupid idea, just because people want to see another guy ranked top 1? Gravey4rd and lots of people worked hard to improve their ratios and get lots of wins. Also people like noahsailer and huahwi that don't play anymore will be forgotten. In my opinion a global stats reset will just increase the amount of hackers that will tryhard to be top 1 and the amount of people boosting with hackers...
Besides, people thinking they will have a chance to be number one and voted yes doesn't even realize that you need to be a 24/7 tryhard with SKILLS and, at the end, it will be the same, there will be a guy such as gravey4rd and no one will ever be top 1 again. However something will change, because lots of pro players will quit and MCSG will be most likely a noob community.
100% Agrre #WorstIdeaEver

BTzombie

Diamond
Reaction score
1 1/2 years of endless tryharding nights.. all going down the drain.
I spent all my free time getting wins, meeting new friends, and overall just having fun. But seriously, a stat reset? Look at Gravey4rd for example, over 4k+ wins. All the time he spent for the leaderboards just GONE. And yeah, yeah, I know about that "Legacy Leaderboards" thing but it's nothing compared to the actual thing. My goal this year was to reach 2000 wins and become the top 100 finally after 5 months of tireless tryharding. All the new members to the community will obviously vote YES because they want their chance on the leaderboards. But they should be thinking from our perspective(our = top 500). We spent our LIVES on this server and *BAM*, gone! Why the HELL would I want to start at over? How is this FAIR for me and all the players who have played this game for the longest time? Another example would be the players near the 900 - 950 win range. Where has there hard work gone? If the stats reset before they get to 1k, what happens? Are you even thinking about them? This legacy leaderboard thing is a great excuse for everyone, isn't it? All the old players(ex - Elgoldo, NoahSailer, Huahwi) will just be forgotten. And if you actually decide to do this crappy update thing, I ain't going be on this server (not that you'd care anyway). I'm pretty sure all the good players ( 500 wins+ ) will do the same. Please think this through once more MCGamer. - BTzombie (1300+ wins)

Last edited:

Treyhar12

Spectator
Reaction score
The server is doing fine the way it is, people don't like change! Especially to change something that has been built up over the past years. If you don't reset stats, at the end of the day noone will leave the server. In the situation where there is a 50/50 poll, and you choose to do the reset, I can see bad things in the future of MCSG. The only people who don't want change are the ones that acually care about the community! Of course someone who logged in yesterday will want a reset...but they won't leave the server for it, whereas I can tell you right now that many people will be switching to other networks, if you guys go through with this. - This is coming from someone who is barely in the top 3500...Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci