• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WookiePack101

Experienced
Reaction score
How about you stop whining and use your head? The leaderboards being reset is a great way to get on top!

E

Ephiza

How about you stop whining and use your head? The leaderboards being reset is a great way to get on top!
How about you take a minute to think, and realize of what would happen?

There would be a lot of macro's, hackers, boosters, teams of more than 3 etc etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this isn't remotely good for the server at all.

Imperceivable

Spectator
Reaction score
I have only played 3 games on this server And I can see the reasons behind the two opinions quite well. The old (who still play) players who have been playing for months, even years, don't want this reset because they want to protect the reason they keep on playing, the reason why they've spent so much of their life on the server: leaderboards. Because if that is gone they will ask themselves what was the point of playing for something, for so long, that will be worth nothing in the future.
And honestly in 10 years from now will it matter to you anymore? Will being #1 matter? On minecraft?
No, you will have moved on in your life (I hope)

And the players who want this reset will want a chance at striking high on the leaderboards. And to that I say, leaderboards do not define you. You may get popular if you rise high, but in the end will it matter? Again, ten years from now will it matter to you anymore?

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I have only played 3 games on this server And I can see the reasons behind the two opinions quite well. The old (who still play) players who have been playing for months, even years, don't want this reset because they want to protect the reason they keep on playing, the reason why they've spent so much of their life on the server: leaderboards. Because if that is gone they will ask themselves what was the point of playing for something, for so long, that will be worth nothing in the future.
And honestly in 10 years from now will it matter to you anymore? Will being #1 matter? On minecraft?

And the players who want this reset will want a chance at striking high on the leaderboards. And to that I say, leaderboards do not define you. You may get popular if you rise high, but in the end will it matter? Again, ten years from now will it matter to you anymore?
It very well could.

Reaction score

We don't have this high rank to show it off in 10 years time, we have it because we spent time and worked hard to get it and with that comes the perk of having something to show off for now, not in 10 years which is one of many reasons why players that put time and effort in to this server don't want a leaderboard reset.

Last edited:

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
They spent years trying to be #1.
Now it is your decision if you want to do it.
If you don't want to do it then you WILL NOT be #1

EXAMPLES OF PEOPLES WITHOUT A "CHANCE"
1:
joethepro15: he started when Gravey had around 2800 wins.
He is ranked #4 in the world today.
2: Huahwi: he started around when joethepro15 started.
He was ranked #3 in the world but due to being inactive for months he is ranked lower.
3: TheOnlyChanse: Not really ranked as high as i mentioned the two other people above, but he has gotten 1000+ wins in only a matter of months.

TO SUM IT UP:
You do have a chance, its just your decision if you want to sacrifice time for it.
just to add to this..

If you don't have the time or patience to get to #1 right now, just wait til if they did a reset. You will have an even worse chance. You will have to no life 10 times as much because the amount of no lifing that will be going on to get that top spot in the first couple months will be UNREAL. The way it is right now, is you have to just play more than gravey4rd, and he doesn't honestly play much anymore, which is why darkrai is catching him. When this reset happens(if it does) you will have hundreds of people playing SO MUCH. No lifing will be at a max.

Then lets say a year from now, more new people will be joining, they have to go thru the SAME EXACT thing you are going through. Those people will want a reset. But what if you personally are the one who no lifed after this reset to get to that top spot, just to have it all taken away from you? This is an endless circle and doing a stat reset isn't gonna solve anything really. Updates and decisions like this can be something that destroys a community.

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG, you need to add daily/weekly/monthly/all time leaderboards. This is my opinion

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG, you need to add daily/weekly/monthly/all time leaderboards. This is my opinion
This. This is how you can appease both sides. Make your new leaderboards, transfer the stats, don't add the new statistics. Simple as that.

MMolloy18

Platinum
Reaction score
You don't need recording software to report a hacker. Hell, you can pop on Teamspeak and poke a moderator.

When someone sees a hacker and chooses not to report them, whether it be by recording or asking a moderator to spectate them on Teamspeak, that's their own decision. They consciously chose to not report the person. (Unless, of course, they are unaware of the methods on reporting abusive players)
People try to poke mods all the time, most reply with I'm busy lol. And I went into the hub once to try and get one and I found 2. They both told me they were busy, when in reality they were just talking to friends in the hub. So yeah, I try to report them to mods since I don't have a recording system, and yet pretty much everytime I'm ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci