• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out how stupid your comment was. You just said Hacking and teaming are eventually going to die out which i found quite funny. Hackers and teaming is never going to die its just that simple and there is nothing you can do about it.
I meant to explain that hacking, teaming, boosting, etc. will be at a high when the statistics first reset, but after a while it will die down to how it is now, not die out, like Zypes stated earlier. These things will never die out completely, of course. Also, when I say "hacking, teaming, etc." I am just referring to what Slaerr said. I apologize if I did not explain it thoroughly enough. Sorry for the confusion! ):

Basically, I meant to say that things like boosting and hacking will be at a high after the leader boards reset but over time it will be just like it is now.

Nix

Platinum
Reaction score
Couldn't you just look at the legacy leaderboards to see how many wins a person has got when applying for a clan? That's one thing they actually would be useful for...
Im just saying it would be fun to see that, I know about the legacy leaderboards dw.

FloppehFeesh

Survivor
Reaction score
Half the people screaming "NO!!!" now didn't even read the entire initial post... lol...
I think people are over thinking it as well. If the staff decided without addressing the community it may have gone better, which sounds weird, but you never know.

jairo8925

Gold
Reaction score
First page, And i think you guys should, it isnt fair for players that played when the servers just came out. I came here like 4 months ago and theres no chance of being top 100 because of how so many people played way before me. So i think this is a great idea!
Oh, and take away other long timer's chance to get on top of the leaderboards? Fair....... I have been working hard on my stats for a long time. I don't want a fresh start. but since it will most likely, I'm done... Also, I've seen a guy with 2 wins out 500+ vote yes, which is kinda sad. :( :( :( :(

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Half the people screaming "NO!!!" now didn't even read the entire initial post... lol...
Considering how many people are still suggesting, "JUST DO TWO LEADERBOARDS" or, "MONTHLY/WEEKLY/REGIONAL LEADERBOARDS INSTEAD!" in spite of the clarifications I made a week ago... yeah, people don't read. They just shout.

And for the record, answers referring to the two-leaderboards idea and ____ Leaderboards suggestion can be found here:
  • Why not create a Lifetime Leaderboards, or two sets of separate dynamic Leaderboards? Something other than Legacy Leaderboards?
    • As stated in this Front-Page Announcement, number-crunching and statistics tracking on a scale that we have requires a lot of server power and resources. In order to accommodate for two different leaderboards systems, we would need to double the cost of the statistics server expenses. In turn, we would need to increase the price of the items on our webstore, which we do not believe would be a worthwhile move. As such, we would prefer to stick with only one statistics system and run with that.
  • Why can't we just augment the current leaderboards with the features of the new leaderboards?
    • Our current leaderboards system is old, almost 2 years old. When it was created, there was no intention for advanced statistics, regional stats, or weekly stats, because those things hadn't been thought of yet. Furthermore, they were coded to a different standard than our current coding abilities. As such, it has proven to be needlessly difficult to add new features to the old leaderboards system. It was decided that starting fresh, with a brand new leaderboards system, would be a better way to implement new features that people have been asking for.
  • Why not just have Regional/Weekly/Monthly leaderboards?
    • We can do those with the new Leaderboards system! But, for the reason stated above, we would not be able to do those on our old Leaderboard system because they weren't designed to include those. As such, we need to use the new leaderboards, and that includes a global reset. So if you want Regional/Weekly/Monthly leaderboards, you must vote Yes!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm double-posting this because I think this is a topic that needs to be seen, so much so that it deserves its own post.

I think that people are getting so charged up over the thought of a reset that everyone is losing sight of what the new updates will bring.

New features, new statistics, new tracking, more stable boards, and updated code for said boards will all be added, on top of some much-requested additions.
  • People are claiming that MCSG is boring because there's no weekly leaderboards, monthly leaderboards? We're on the verge of bringing those in, and reinvigorate interest with those players.
  • Heck, why not do seasonal leaderboards (it's been planned) or annual leaderboards, do something for the long-term players as well.
  • Clans still arguing who's best in their region? Official clan leaderboards have been discussed and may be implemented in the future thanks to the update's code revisions.
  • How about gameplay achievements? Get a badge or an icon once you've done something special, then wear it with pride (also planned).
  • And of course we'll be able to make the new leaderboards look spiffy and cool too. Current ones are nice, but I'm sure the update will make it look even sexier.

Not only that, but the leaderboards update is only part of a MUCH LARGER UPDATE that's coming to our system (so large that I had to type it in all caps). Public testing has already begun, so it's very close to release. But based on what we've heard from testers thus far, the results have been very positive, and we're very excited to roll it out for everyone.

Yet despite the fact that we're bringing in some great changes that have been requested by players for months and years, it seems like the hype behind such an awesome change is being drowned out by shouts of, "DON'T RESET MY STATS OR MCSG WILL DIE."

But Chad is a nice guy and he cares a lot about this community. Perhaps even too nice at times. He cares enough that, in spite of how much he's invested (time, effort, and money) in the update and the new leaderboards that he's willing to revoke all of it if the community doesn't like it. Despite the fact that the Q&A was an utterly shameful display of disrespect and insults, he still held it because he wanted to allow his voice to be heard along with everyone else's.

People were proclaiming that Chad didn't care? If Chad really didn't care, he would have reset the stats without even a warning, then told everyone, "deal with it". But he didn't. He took a risk by asking the community what they thought, he's listening to everyone's voices even now, and he's going to make a decision based on what's being said. If you still don't think he's listening to the community in spite of all that, I think you should reexamine who's actually not listening.

I trust Chad and the decisions that he makes. I trust the community to be something more than a collection of numbers, some larger than others. I trust the players to be strong enough to have confidence with us in spite of all the fear-mongering and doom-saying. And lastly, I believe that the updates will be worth the hassle in the end, because MCGamer will have something even greater to gain with the update.

Last edited:

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
For you guys who wanted the weekly and monthly leaderboards, looks like there's a price.

I'm for it, if you worked hard for your statistics what's stopping you from getting up there again? Honestly, some of the things they're adding I remember being begged for like a year ago.

People are blinded by numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci