• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Return of the no-kick on End Game

Should servers kick players after the end of each round?

• Total voters

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So way back when, MCSG added the feature where the servers restart after each game. Since then, our code has been optimized enough so that the server can just clean up after each round, but we will kept the player kicking. We realized that having this features helps a larger flow of players get into a game instead of constantly seeing server is full messages.

Now I would like to ask for your pros and cons opinions! Should be revert this back to the old ways where people at the end of each game will be spawned into the server lobby instead of returning to the hub (or kicked on locations like Canada and Asia). What are your thoughts?

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
First member! But anyways. because I did read it, it should not kick, because then less people will be able to join.

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm some Number! I believe we should be spawned in lobby again. They were nice days.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think giving people who aren't donors a chance to play by kicking people is the better way. Sure, we might get more donors if we don't kick, but keep in mind that new people to the servers will want to play some games first before donating, and if they struggle to do so which is what many people find with Hive, people will choose to go to other, less popular servers to play Survival Games

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
FIRST DIAMOND DONOR!

Anyways. What do you mean they will spawn in the lobby? They will re join automatically? I am a bit confused..

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Pros:
You and a bunch of friends can just play on one server all day without having the problems of someone not joining in on time and missing out.

Don't have to worry about being fast to join after the server restarts.

This will make more people buy donor because it will be harder to join games.

Being able to talk to the people after the game without the trouble of them maybe not joining again.

Cons:
People that can't afford donor will have trouble joining games.

The servers are much more popular now to the point where almost every server will be full at some times of the day.

The kicking means there will be different people in the games every time/moving server since no room, this will result in meeting more people and having different competition.

I can't really pick a side on this, I play a lot of different games now hence the reason I stopped buying donor annually. If this change was to happen I would probably have to buy donor again which would probably be wasted a bit by me considering how much I play nowadays. Though I did like it when you wouldn't be kicked, but considering my last sentence either way really works for me.

Also, this is a very controversial topic, could we just end with the "first ****" now and get to the topic?

Reaction score
As long as it doesn't cause more lag, I think it's a great idea. I rarely see a server with more than half the folks being members.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci