• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Battle of the Islands, Fire or Ice?

What map should we remove?

• Total voters

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they are the most popular maps on MCSG, keep everything original. Why add copies of a map just as popular as Breeze Island? If I were Static_Shadow, I would feel very sad for people making new versions of my map, and with people actually liking those new versions. An insanely big amount of credits should be given to static_nightmare for making the original Breeze Island in the threads showcasing Freeze and Demon's.
Who is static_shadow? :p
Also, I don't really mind the remakes because Breeze Island is something that isn't up to standards with any of my latest builds. But I don't think Freeze Island is any fun to play on.

Diggger58

Tribute
Reaction score
That made absolutely no sense and that grammar was... beautiful.
dude i was in a rush to type it, and the reason is the sound turned off dosent always take away the lag. I get that its fun hitting people into lava but its annoying sometimes. But freeze is good because if u have good internet it wouldnt be that hard to catch a person. You just have to persevere, jeeze u literally find food in every chest, so you wouldnt run out of hunger

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Who is static_shadow? :p
Also, I don't really mind the remakes because Breeze Island is something that isn't up to standards with any of my latest builds. But I don't think Freeze Island is any fun to play on.
"Was in a rush" when I typed it ;)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
dude i was in a rush to type it, and the reason is the sound turned off dosent always take away the lag. I get that its fun hitting people into lava but its annoying sometimes. But freeze is good because if u have good internet it wouldnt be that hard to catch a person. You just have to persevere, jeeze u literally find food in every chest, so you wouldnt run out of hunger
Um... Taking off sound always helps... Unless your computer just isn't good in general.

Pipiska

Survivor
Reaction score
Remove both, In freeze island the chases go on forever, which makes it a bad map.
In Demon's Breeze, half the people on it lag like crazy! every second or so my screen starts to freeze, and I can't move.

AcidXenon

Tribute
Reaction score
I think that the result should be drawn from this thread and not the in game poll. Demon's breeze has way more votes to be removed than freeze but I think this is because it is people who rarely, if ever go on the forums are voting for it and not knowing the lag can be fixed by simply turning sound off. It might also be an idea to mention in the poll that lag can be dramatically reduced, if not stopped by turning your sound off when on demon's breeze.

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
I think that the result should be drawn from this thread and not the in game poll. Demon's breeze has way more votes to be removed than freeze but I think this is because it is people who rarely, if ever go on the forums are voting for it and not knowing the lag can be fixed by simply turning sound off. It might also be an idea to mention in the poll that lag can be dramatically reduced, if not stopped by turning your sound off when on demon's breeze.
Yeah it definately should be picked from the thread. I was just about to comment the same thing

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Regardless of where it seems like it should come from, only 1 - 10% of our community actually goes onto the website for more than the servers page. Therefore, the in-game poll provides a much more usable answer from the community, as it comes from a majority of our users over several days rather than just people who browse the website.

People will do what they want, thus they likely won't turn off their sound regardless of recommendations in Demon's Breeze.

WiiiLLx

Tribute
Reaction score
definitely. this is a proper discussion where as all the noobs on the servers will say Demon's cause they cant handle the lava and fire. go with the votes and discussion on this thread please Chad

AcidXenon

Tribute
Reaction score
Regardless of where it seems like it should come from, only 1 - 10% of our community actually goes onto the website for more than the servers page. Therefore, the in-game poll provides a much more usable answer from the community, as it comes from a majority of our users over several days rather than just people who browse the website.

People will do what they want, thus they likely won't turn off their sound regardless of recommendations in Demon's Breeze.
Fair point. It would just upset me if Demon's breeze got removed because it is such a good map and the problem can be fixed. Freeze however, is an OK looking map, except PvP on ice is just unbearable and it can't be fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci