• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Battle of the Islands, Fire or Ice?

What map should we remove?

• Total voters

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
Freeze Island needs to be removed, this shouldn't be a choice.

Atleast Demons Breeze has unique things about it.

Freeze is basically breeze but all ice which isn't unique at all and I'm still questioning today why it even got chosen to be on the servers.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
Looks like Demon's Breeze will be removed :(
Untitled.png

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I don't, Demon's Breeze is WAY to laggy, and even on my computer that I hardly even get lag on, it lags quite badly.

Plus I love running on ice. :D
A lot of people lag on it but for some reason I don't.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Regardless of where it seems like it should come from, only 1 - 10% of our community actually goes onto the website for more than the servers page. Therefore, the in-game poll provides a much more usable answer from the community, as it comes from a majority of our users over several days rather than just people who browse the website.

People will do what they want, thus they likely won't turn off their sound regardless of recommendations in Demon's Breeze.
If Freeze isn't removed, it's a major factor that persuades me not to stay on MCSG. There are many things about MCSG nowadays that are not very appealing. I'd say the only reason I stay on it is because of a few friends and just the nostalgia it brings alongside with that it's all the SG I've really known. There are many easy fixes that will help the community a lot I believe in our case. #BringBackTheGoodCommunity

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
How about you just get rid of both of them, you shouldn't even be polling, put in 2 unique maps to go into their places. There should only be 1 breeze, "breeze island".

There should also be a rule for map making where you cannot use anyone else's work and you must start from scratch and make up your own map.

Reaction score
Regardless of where it seems like it should come from, only 1 - 10% of our community actually goes onto the website for more than the servers page. Therefore, the in-game poll provides a much more usable answer from the community, as it comes from a majority of our users over several days rather than just people who browse the website.

People will do what they want, thus they likely won't turn off their sound regardless of recommendations in Demon's Breeze.
subv3rsion I realize the ingame poll says "Fire or Ice" and then it says, "Which map should we remove" but that is kinda on the next line. I believe people automatically think, oh, which do I like better? and take a vote. At least I know that all the people in my teamspeak saw the question the other way around, and vote for demon's breeze, because we all voted for the one we liked. I think this is what users in the game are doing as well. I think the question should be flipped so that it says, "Which map do you like better?" When you say, fire vs ice, people automatically think it is a "which do you like better?" I just thought you'd want to know that people are reading the question backwards...

Reaction score
How about you just get rid of both of them, you shouldn't even be polling, put in 2 unique maps to go into their places. There should only be 1 breeze, "breeze island".

There should also be a rule for map making where you cannot use anyone else's work and you must start from scratch and make up your own map.
They received permission from static_nightmare to use his map, and change it. He can confirm this. Also, a lot of people don't like Breeze Island, so replacements were made. The reason they did the poll, is so that there wouldn't be an outrage on the forums of, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK US FIRST?!" They want to please the community as much as possible.

Johnnycentral1

Survivor
Reaction score
They received permission from static_nightmare to use his map, and change it. He can confirm this. Also, a lot of people don't like Breeze Island, so replacements were made. The reason they did the poll, is so that there wouldn't be an outrage on the forums of, "WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK US FIRST?!" They want to please the community as much as possible.
I dont recall them asking the community to put IN new maps like "fortune island" and "hell games". So they shouldn't have to ask the community to remove maps.

Reaction score
I dont recall them asking the community to put IN new maps like "fortune island" and "hell games". So they shouldn't have to ask the community to remove maps.
And do you remember how the community reacted? They were pissed. Multiple threads were made on the forums about, "Why in the world did we put hell games in?" Famous youtubers even talked down the map, and they too asked, "Whose great idea was it to put this map in?" This is why these kind of threads are made, where they ask, what should we do? They want to do whatever the community wants, because the community is their players. If they totally disregard the community, they won't have anyone to play on their servers. 'nuff said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci