• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Chest only refilling at the center.

Should the chests refill only at the center?

• Yes

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 130 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoolsPower

Survivor
Reaction score
This was the worst update ever....

The only problem with Foolspower's idea is that there are no crafting tables around the map, so if you get mats, you don't get to craft them without the corn.
I thought that was implied :D I'll edit my post to clarify.

Bicentennial_Man

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok I like the idea that the Cornucopia and puzzle chests refill as that give people like me who solo out in the world a chance to get stuff, But no more diamond stuff if you do that as a whole group at the center will be able to diamond up and everyone else won't have a chance. The other problem is that the puzzles all still start open and require no work to get the chests and they don't have a chance or very little chance of diamonds.
So puzzles need to be set closed each night and all puzzle chests should restock and the cornucopia, and if you really want to keep diamonds in game have them in the puzzle chests so that people have to work their ass off for them. Which will also mean a few more crafting tables will be required. On the note of food, starvation needs to be able to kill and only the cornucopia should be able to get the good food e.g. cooked food and mushroom soup. This leads people to need to fight for the center for good food but have a chance to get the equipment to do it from outwith the center. This means the cornucopia needs to get a reasonable supply of iron in whatever form.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
I see your points here.

But there is that certain point where it becomes unfair.
Even if it was in the movie.

I would also remind everyone that this is not the Hunger games, even though it's pretty much based on it.
It is the Survival Games.

Xilefian

Spectator
Reaction score
The only problem I have is that you get teams who dominate the middle and make it no longer fun.
The map is supposed to be a game and fun, I suggest going that way rather than trying to keep with source material (Make this Survival Games, not Hunger Games!).

Teams can be defeated, but when they have unlimited resources it's just absolutely unfair.

cokeman5

Spectator
Reaction score
I have no problem with the chests refilling, but I do think several chests in the map need to be removed, while others added to better work with the random chest contents. For example, in the original map the boat holds almost no loot, but because of the plugin, it now holds enough loot to completely deck out a team of 3 players. This also causes the boat to be just as good, if not better, on the servers than the corn.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
I have no problem with the chests refilling, but I do think several chests in the map need to be removed, while others added to better work with the random chest contents. For example, in the original map the boat holds almost no loot, but because of the plugin, it now holds enough loot to completely deck out a team of 3 players. This also causes the boat to be just as good, if not better, on the servers than the corn.
Agreed. There shouldnt be a place with a humongus stash of bounty. Instead i feel it should be more spread out. And also, we're allowed to break grass blocks now? :D

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
After reading all of the posts, we have reverted this change and all chests refill. We might modify and tweak the items soon after reading this thread. Thanks everyone for your opinions as we really appreciate it helping us better our community!
Thanks for listening to all our opinions Chad!

Dimitrias

Tribute
Reaction score
I think diamond in the middle is reason enough to be there already. No need to add even more reason to it.

thebrokekiller

Spectator
Reaction score
Well it seems everyone wants the easiest places to get to for the chest to refill. I think all the hidden chest out side of the map should get refilled. By hidden one I mean the ones in puzzles , trees, and underwater ones. I would solve the camping issues and everyone would be happy

ParanoidAltoid

Spectator
Reaction score
Firstly, I agree with having food only respawn at the center. However, I believe it would be best to have three or four areas where food respawns, not just one. This would still promote battles like the movie, but also force dominating teams to either leave food spawns unattended or split up. Players would have to scout food stores to find one that's unattended, leading to stealth and chases.

Also, I don't see any problem with forming alliances. If I see a player, I usually try to reason with them because an ally is more useful than a dead foe, especially early on. I help another player if and only if I think it will help me win the current game.

But what players often do is form what I think of as a "team." They act as if their only goal is to have their team defeat everyone else (until the end when they have a friendly duel or two to see who wins.) This kind of behaviour should be discouraged, as it makes the game less cutthroat and more predictable. When the game comes down to a 2v1, most players believe you should hunt down the last player before turning on each other. However, if your ally is better equipped than your opponent, you should want to attack your ally while his guard is down, rather than face him in a fair fight at the end.

That is how players should think given that their goal is to win that game. Any fair sportsman would make this their primary objective, in my opinion. However, by not betraying my ally, I can trust them not to be as quick to betray me in the next game. This type of trans-round stratigizing is not fun for their opponents, as that alliance will become an overpowered team. It's also not fun for the teammates themselves, as they no longer have to worry about being backstabbed, or being on the lookout for the perfect opportunity do some backstabbing of their own.

Attached is a screenshot I couldn't help but take of two teammates duelling while the third teammate (and final tribute) politely watches, feeling no motivation to join in the fight and win.

Attachments

Conrad500

Spectator
Reaction score
Chests refilling isn't a problem. Easy survival is. Here's my 2 cents:

1. Book has sponsors that give you things and the corni gives you things. This is what chests replace, and they do it not horribly. A team of winners in the middle and the active searchers would gain more favor with sponsors, that's why they get more loot from chests. Refilling promotes action to fight for the middle or fight over/race for other further chests.

2. Yes, the middle is a strategy that skilled players in the book use. But the book also states that it is boring, which is why the GM adds dangers! The center should be heavily supplied, but it should also be a point you NEED to defend.
Minecraft does not have an incentive for action, the books do. They need water, food, and protection. If someone shoots an arrow at you in minecraft because you're sitting still in the middle, you can laugh it off, very unlike the books.

How to fix this:
1. No food in the middle, more food in the wild. The middle should not be a safe zone. It should be an arsenal. Gear up, move out, return for more supplies. That's how they did it in the book.

2. The middle is not safe. Since player dangers are null in the middle with a team, there should be booby traps, monsters, and other hazards to INSTIGATE fights. One person under equipped that is struggling to survive CAN'T even go near the middle without instant death. If there was a way for a skilled, quick witted, or smart player could use their skills to get an upper hand the middle would be sufficently riskier to go with the reward.

My idea for #2?
TNT THE MIDDLE!
Have either a tnt minefield that can somehow respawn every night, or just a 1 time deal. Have the trigger either spawn in the middle on the second day, thus making betrayal and sneek attacks better

OR

Make it difficult to get to. where people can't see you.

You DON'T want the make the middle dangerous to be at the beginning. Running straight for the button should not be a good idea unless you're on a team and want to get rid of the tnt, thus you warn your team to get out of blast range.

TL'DR
kill the people in the middle with lava/tnt/mobs/ I don't care, just punish people who can team up with 3+ and have 1 person stay AFK and still live, because that's how it's going now. 2 people can go afk on a team of 3 and still survive till the end.

Angelos_001

Spectator
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the chests only re-filling at the centre but i understand the reasoning behind it.

A compromise may be as i take hunger games similar to the film Battle Royal bunch of people stuck on an island have to kill each other only the one last survivor leaves. In that certain areas of the island they were on at certain points of the day would become hot zones meaning if they stayed there they would die.

A way to incorporate this into what we have certain zones being good not bad, if it could be set-up with the mod after a day or half a day which ever, chests would re-fill in certain parts of the dome. This will keep the chest re-fill for those who like it, and not have all of them constantly re-filling making it to easy.

Keeping to what chad wants this wont have battles always at the centre but say chests re-fill near the house in the forest players and teams will rush there and battle for the new supplies and if people want to camp areas in the chance of supplies they can, makes food less common and will force people to fight for it, allow teams to have the upper hand in holding an area and taking it by force but solo players to be able to move fast and silent to the new areas for supplies and get out.

Anyway that's my thoughts on it hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci