• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Raffle voting started as a community idea that originated in this thread here:

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/an-alternative-voting-system-raffle-voting.80423/

It got overwhelming support and honestly we all thought it was a great idea to combat with maps being overplayed way too much and giving underplayed maps a chance to be played. The reactions with the in-game and forum community was almost split in half as both sides brought up very good points about the old system vs the new. So we decided that we should let this voting system sit for a month to see if the overall feeling changes more in favor of this system. It seems still after little over a month, people started to get use to it but still some complaints about the system.

Since then, yesterday we posted an update on our twitter saying we will remove this system and go back to the drawing boards to see if there is a better way on making the majority happy:

https://twitter.com/mcsgservers/status/460347622700486657

Now after posting this, the players in support of this new system (including the people who like it now and hated it before) started posting on the site stating very good reasons to keep this system over the older way.

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/please-keep-raffle-voting.100844/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/search/9625945/?q=Raffle+Voting&o=date

So, time to start a debate that is both positive and negative on Raffle Voting and give your opinions why we should keep, remove, or change it! Please take the time to write out your reasons as saying "it sucks" or "it rules" doesn't help this debate.

So, how do you feel about Raffle Voting?

ToxicVen0m

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it was a very good idea to bring this idea on paper. But when it came to the servers, I feel like no one liked it. I personally would like it to be either removed and/or changed. The idea was quite creative though, so props to you!

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't like it. I mean, sure, certain maps get over played, but it ruins things like scrims or clan battles. It also ticks people off sometime when SG4 has a 90% chance and SG1 has 10%, then Sg1 gets chosen. If something like that happens, half the people leave.

EDIT: Chad, like my post if you're amazing at Hunger Craft

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
Remove/Change it, maps are overplayed because people enjoy them. When one random person can vote for a map that they want, and it gets picked, the majority of he lobby is mad/upset. If there could be a way to change or improve it, do it by all means. The raffle voting provides variety, however it can be annoying at times. I believe that the system is great, but it would probably be more liked if it were to be edited/revised to suit the wants of the majority.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it was a very good idea to bring this idea on paper. But when it came to the servers, I feel like no one liked it. I personally would like it to be either removed and/or changed. The idea was quite creative though, so props to you!
Thats why I made it a "mutlivote" poll as some people may want it removed or changed if we can fix their complaints. Same with the opposite as some people like it but want it improved.

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
I really like it. While many players dislike it, I was quite happy when the idea was implemented. I, and many others, enjoy some underplayed maps. With the previous system, those maps were never voted, because players prefer the 'better' maps. This system allowed me to play those maps I wanted to play.

I will admit there where times where I was mad that maps I dislike won over popular, mainstream maps such as SG4 and Valleyside University, although it was for the better. While those maps are great, variety is even better. I don't know about the average 'competitive' player, but I like to play many different map styles. Playing maps like SG4, Valleyside, and other popular maps gets very boring, the gameplay gets repetitive, and eventually you just leave because there was nothing new.

This new feature changed that. It added variety to the games, and made you anticipate what map you might play on. With the old system, every time I joined a lobby, I didn't bother looking at the voting options because I already knew which map would win. This system, however, changed that for the better.

All in all, please do not revert the voting systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci