• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
As annoying as it is when Fallen Colossi or Destiny's Shiver is picked with .000000000009% of the vote, I'd prefer it stayed because it adds some randomness and ambiguity as to what map you're going to play, as well as variety. It also allows for some largely underplayed but enjoyable maps, such as Fortress Pyke, to be picked.

If only this could have existed in late v1, where 95% of the time either Breeze or SG4 were picked...

TheHybridSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
It should stay, but possibly be edited a little. It is a good way to have new maps played and to learn chest routes BUT I still think some really disliked maps should be removed. Because I was in a game and SG3 won, about 9 people left from a server with 15 in it... I have mixed opinions really, but the way it is at the moment I don't like it.

EDIT: It kinda seems to me like there is no voting system at all and its more like random no matter what.

I don't even know what im saying ;-;

Last edited:

vasquez20

Platinum
Reaction score
I really didn't like the new voting system because it sort of, in a way, made voting useless. For example, there would be 26 votes for ValleySide and there would only be 1 vote for Origins, and because of the new voting system works on chances, Origins would magically win! I would prefer if it was reverted to what it was before!

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
I didn't like the raffle system when it was first implemented but once I got used to it, I preferred it over the original. There are so many maps that people won't give chances to simply because they don't have a chest route, which is silly because you obviously can't have a route without playing the map a couple times. If we remove this system, a lot of maps are going to be underplayed and possibly removed.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Something we thought about doing for clan battles is make specific servers that have the old system of voting for that very reason. An idea we can provide maybe in the future.
This would be amazing, if that gets implemented, I will hug you.

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
At first, like most people, I didn't like the new voting system and opposed anything newly added. However, after a month of this I've learned to like it. But every thing has pros and cons. The biggest con / flaw in this system is the chance that a map with 1-3 votes can have a chance of getting played. Developers should improve the system by making it so that a map has to have at least 5 votes in order to have a chance at getting chosen.

TheHybridSquid

Platinum
Reaction score
Wait, reserve a few servers for one voting idea, and the rest of the servers use the new, updated one? Why can't we just have that?
Like split the servers so 100 US servers have old system then 100 have the new system, then maybe can you see the servers that are most played?

ACoolBean

Diamond
Reaction score
to be honest i just think the whole concept of voting should be removed, I'd rather the map was chosen randomly from all maps on the server. This would stop maps being under/overplayed and put some unpredictability into the game.

Denster91

Platinum
Reaction score
Something we thought about doing for clan battles is make specific servers that have the old system of voting for that very reason. An idea we can provide maybe in the future.
You could just make a certain amount of current servers (say, 25%?) in each network have the old system and the rest have raffle voting. This way as many as 50 servers would have the old system, which would be plenty of space for clan battles/scrims and people who just prefer to play the same maps over and over again. The ratio of old system to new system could be changed depending on the demand for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci