• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinHood5

Survivor
Reaction score
I really like it. My fav maps tend to be ones that never get played (SG2, Twerian SG, Vida Cova, etc.) so having a chance to play them, no mater how small is always nice.

Gnashna

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally like it very much. Especially because I like the maps Remnant and Origins which are definitely less played than Holiday and Valleyside and there is a chance that I can play it because of my vote. I feel like there are so many overplayed maps these days and this is the only way to balance it out. The MCGamer network just removed a bunch of maps which lowered the amount on the servers. I think that more maps should be added to the servers to balance it out more, and only then should the regular voting system be brought back to the servers. :D

Crimzon_Purge

Tribute
Reaction score
A
I would like it removed due to the damage it's dealt to clans mostly alongside other good players. Say there are 42 votes for valleyside university and 3 for treacherous heights. Treacherous wins *proceeds to smash face into computer.* I can't tell you how many times this has happened and what a burden it is. Bad players who suck at every map don't care because it makes no difference because they suck. That's the majority of the supporters. Wonder why so many people hated on it in the poll? Because 99% of people who know how to work the forums are good players, most of which in clans. Honestly, I dislike the current system and strongly suggest going back to the old one.
A good player and can on any map and win.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
A

A good player and can on any map and win.
Not necessarily. On breeze island many gud players don't win just because the tiering was horribly done. People lose on origins for being fisted off the Damn map at mid. Sorry but post: invalid.

ThePompeiian

Diamond
Reaction score
Personally, I feel like the voting system is just a hassle for clans looking to battle or scrim. I only really played MCSG for clans up until I was banned. But, I see that the current system is better for more casual players due to being able to try to play maps that are not often played. It's all preference, not one system is 'better' than the other one. I personally prefer the old system due to what I stated earlier. Reply to let me know if you agree or disagree. :)

Crimzon_Purge

Tribute
Reaction score
So
Not necessarily. On breeze island many gud players don't win just because the tiering was horribly done. People lose on origins for being fisted off the Damn map at mid. Sorry but post: invalid.
So your saying, that you have never won on breeze island? You mis-read my post. Good plays CAN win on any map. I've won on every map on mcsg. Post:Valid

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
So

So your saying, that you have never won on breeze island? You mis-read my post. Good plays CAN win on any map. I've won on every map on mcsg. Post:Valid
Who cares? I've won once or twice and lost around 30 times on breeze. That awful. On valleyside I can't count how many wins I've freaking gained its an incredible map. Post: once more invalid.

ThePompeiian

Diamond
Reaction score
Who cares? I've won once or twice and lost around 30 times on breeze. That awful. On valleyside I can't count how many wins I've freaking gained its an incredible map. Post: once more invalid.
Doesn't matter if you win or lose, just have fun. That's what videogames and MCSG was made for ;)

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you win or lose, just have fun. That's what videogames and MCSG was made for ;)
It honestly isn't fun when I'm chased down by teams in the water when I can't get anything since the map is bad. It's to the point where I leave if I dislike the map. Your point you just made can be converted into mine. Outside an enjoyable map, it ISN'T fun.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I feel like the voting system is just a hassle for clans looking to battle or scrim. I only really played MCSG for clans up until I was banned. But, I see that the current system is better for more casual players due to being able to try to play maps that are not often played. It's all preference, not one system is 'better' than the other one. I personally prefer the old system due to what I stated earlier. Reply to let me know if you agree or disagree. :)
There's about I don't know, 500 active members in clans altogether? This is adding every clan together. This is a rough estimate and probably way more then there actually is. So, lets say there is 500 active people in clans that care about this. If the only reason we would get rid if it is for these people, then that's stupid. This is coming from a former clan owner and in a clan right now. This new voting system is better for lots of the non clan community. The non clan community is way larger than the clan community or whatever.

Edit: just re read your post, you can ignore my post if you want. This can be directed at people that only think for the clans, not the others.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
It honestly isn't fun when I'm chased down by teams in the water when I can't get anything since the map is bad. It's to the point where I leave if I dislike the map. Your point you just made can be converted into mine. Outside an enjoyable map, it ISN'T fun.
An enjoyable map for you! People have different opinions, just because you dont enjoy a map it doesnt mean no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci