• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Your favorite community maps and why?

What is your favorite community map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSeth99

Tribute
Reaction score
I didn't say that chad was doing anything wrong. I didn't even mention how chads work is. So you can stop putting words in my mouth about how I don't realize how important it is to maintain a server. I didn't even talk about the server. I was just speaking about the poll and how successful breeze was but sadly we aren't playing it as much as before and about the voting system. You sir should think before you type.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW NSeth99 tier 2 chests are now placed in all community maps. So Breeze Island has some new level 2 chests now.

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
I mean come on people almost 50% voted breeze island yet no other community map gets above 15% isn't this saying Something to you especially considering only 4 ppl voted overgrown. Facts are Facts. PERIOD.
lol lets play facts. breeze islands was the first (well made) community map released! people have had the most time to get use to playing it.
Teweran, karmunrah, fortress pyke and mcsg ruins all came out not to long ago 4 maps at once takes alot longer to digest at once. so they will logically get less votes. Also Sg4 released and the voting style changed so those community maps get less love. which = less votes.
and the last 4 maps have also came out during this sg4 voting system and i personally play frequently but havent even seen them yet let alone got to frequent them so they get little to no votes at all.
Fun facts with deductive reasoning. wooo

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
lol the literal quote
" but I don't think chad will do anything to make a majority of the community who actually voted happier."
how rude. That's all he's been doing. their called community maps for a reason
Your right though this is neither the time nor place for a personal quarrel.

NSeth99

Tribute
Reaction score
Like I said again please do not instigate a quarrel with me. If you and Zeno who has been liking your comments to possibly intimidate me continue to attempt to humiliate me for some reason I would have no choice but to speak with a higher authority about how I am being bantered with comments after I had asked the person multiple times to stop.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Like I said again please do not instigate a quarrel with me. If you and Zeno who has been liking your comments to possibly intimidate me continue to attempt to humiliate me for some reason I would have no choice but to speak with a higher authority about how I am being bantered with comments after I had asked the person multiple times to stop.
Woah, I just liked a comment, don't try to drag me into this. Just stop flaming this thread and give it a rest.

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
Personally there's too much open space for me, but then again, I have always loved the city maps more.
You'll love my up and coming community map then. All time favorite map is still map 2 though . never ceases to inspire awe. A master piece of workmanship. I'm very excited to see this Ancient Japan. I only got a sneak peak so far :p :D

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You'll love my up and coming community map then. All time favorite map is still map 2 though . never ceases to inspire awe. A master piece of workmanship. I'm very excited to see this Ancient Japan. I only got a sneak peak so far :p :D
Map 2 = Best map. Ever.

And you know Ancient Japan is already on the servers right? Personally I think it's a bit meh. Like a dumb downed version of map 2, with less creativity, variety, and sense of style. But to each his own.

LeprechaunStew

Tribute
Reaction score
Map 2 = Best map. Ever.

And you know Ancient Japan is already on the servers right? Personally I think it's a bit meh. Like a dumb downed version of map 2, with less creativity, variety, and sense of style. But to each his own.
Yea i saw it on us9 i believe but i only spectated and for a short time. I want to get in at the action. I'm patiently waiting to play on each of the new maps before i cast my vote to be fair to the other maps. Also anxiously awaiting the voting system upgrade to help me along in that task :p

Lol every time i look at map 2 it always reminds me of how i'll never make a map that damn good lol. just too impressive to look at. Probably why Teweran and that dragon is thus far my favorite community map.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, I guess I should probably rank all of the community maps, just as something to do XD

1. Breeze Island - Though the map used to be quite overplayed, the games are quick, full of PvP action, and greatly rewarding to those with a sword. However, there is too much water, which can be quite annoying.

2. Teweran - By far the most beautiful of the community maps, Teweran is perfectly sized, giving the effect that you are both completely alone, and being watched from all angles. The terraforming is amazing, and it's tons of fun to play on, but the corn is unfair and the chest distribution is a bit iffy.

3. Fortress Pyke - Aside from knowing the creator well, this map is fabulous. The chests are well distributed, the structures look nice, and it provides an excellent field for the Survival Games. However, it does look just a bit plain.

4. Yellowstone - With a basis in Vikki and Flesh's hometown, this map is interesting in its own right, with specific elements of the map shining through as well. The building, though not extraordinary, is consistent and aesthetically pleasing, chests are well placed, and the tree in the center is absolutely gorgeous. My one complaint would be the amount of fences, but that's just a personal pet peeve.

5. Kharmunrah - I'm not the biggest fan of this map, but it is definitely playable. It has a cool layout, and a good chest distribution, but personally I don't like the look of it or the gameplay - which tends to be rather slow paced.

6. Skylands Survival - The concept behind this map is extraordinary, and Ddogclaw has pulled it off extremely well. The knowledge that the void is beneath you at all times gives this map a unique feel and gameplay style. However, I am not entirely sure I like it. It's too hard to get from place to place, and the map is too large to really find anyone easily. So, though I like the concept, and it was executed well, the map itself did not fully come together for me.

7. MCSG Ruins - Some really great Easter eggs on this map, and it's relatively small, so games don't last to long. Otherwise, however, it doesn't have much going for it. That uses vanilla terrain, there's next to no original buildings, and the corn is the most unfair thing you will ever see.

8. Overgrown Arena - This map is far too large, and the terraforming is remarkably uninspired. For the most part the building is lackluster, and the gameplay is not much to speak of. However, the map is saved by the city - which is an extraordinary feat of building.

9. Hungry Hills - The terraforming on this map is absolutely amazing - Arguably one of the best in the community maps. However, there isn't all that much going for it besides that. There are next to no buildings, just hill after rolling hill and plain after grassy plain. Flying around this map to look at the sights would be excellent, but actually playing on it doesn't have too much to offer.

Solar Frost - N/A, I haven't gotten a chance to play on it, but from what I've heard of it it would probably be ranked 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci