• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crater

Egg

Spectator
Reaction score
Map Name : Crater
Map Creators : Coherent_Burrito, dirty_egg, MeowRecon04 (FLOPBOOK wanted to be mentioned also) :)
Map Description : There is an old, abandon excavation site inside of a massive crater, that was caused by a meteorite. Takes place in the Rocky Mountains. Scientists and Archaeologists discovered this crater, and wanted to take the opportunity to learn as much as possible about the meteorite as they could. During their experiments, all electricity went out, leaving them in a crater with minimal food, and using bug-infested caves as their only shelter. The mountains were too high, and they didn't have the ability to get out. They were trapped forever.

= : 1 Year Later, You Now Have The Chance To Explore The Caverns Where they were stuck : =

Map Info =
400 Block Diameter
Approximately 55 Chests
Realistic Chest Placement

[/IMG]
Above is a picture of corn. The platforms (picture is below) are located inside of the meteorite that has crashed. There are several exits from the meteorite.

Corn platforms :
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
There are so many caves to explore that have parkour, traps, and levers, to make your matches on here VERY interesting.

[/IMG]
All of the intertwining caves that run throughout the map are amazing. Locate the chests that they left behind and fight!

[/IMG]

Birds eye view of Crater's corn

Want to come check it out? It'd be greatly appreciated! :)

IP : thesotf.treepuncher.com

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
FIRST

anyways, that's awesome!! The corn idea is brilliant, just the crater looks a bit too clean, make it more messy! Also, if possible, take screenshots of other open areas on map, if there are any yet. I possibly could come over tomorrow. (I live in EU, 7 hours before US time) It's a great idea, and a great start!

Edit: make the chest placements at corn more unique and interesting. ;)

Edit 2: I know you are probably going to do this, but increase chest amount to about 175-250

Egg

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for giving us some feedback! We are working on it now!

We'll have staff on all day, so feel free to hop over any time and check it out!

cheers, egg :)

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the map, try a different name.ncrater sounds kinda bland. How about "Ancient Crater SG"

Simey

Career
Reaction score
I actually like the name Crater! Goodluck with this pal!

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I had good time playing this map today! Jest make the crater easier to escape! And the caverns should be deeper. Server is also well-made start.

Go check their server out, IP in the first message.
Like this post if I got you there
#WyzForVipSotf2013

Reaction score
That's a hell of a hole for such a small meteorite.
That's a hell of a small hole for a meteorite which appears to be 20ish meters acrross (1block = 1 meter). The crater for that kind of size of meteorite would be 500m to 1000m across, see the last entry on this page.
http://www.enca.com/opinion/blog-post/meteorite-craters-south-africa

My opinion of the map is quite low I think it is another attempt to get a map that doesn't look great and isn't well built accepted under the pretense of a small enclosed map which is good for pvp. Also the whole meteorite thing doesn't really make any sense.

As this map is in progress then there is still time to fix it up and make it better but I'm not sure you are going to do it to the standard required to have the map accepted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci