• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Crazy fall damage

fishboy48

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the place to post bugs but i dont care. The fall damage is crazy in your servers. If I am sprint-jumping and I go down 1 block i lose half a heart. plus I literally fell 2 blocks and i died. Iron chestplate, leather pants full health and full hunger. oh and sometimes when I get teleported to spawn for deathmatch I lose 2 hearts for no reason. Plse fix this.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the place to post bugs but i dont care. The fall damage is crazy in your servers. If I am sprint-jumping and I go down 1 block i lose half a heart. plus I literally fell 2 blocks and i died. Iron chestplate, leather pants full health and full hunger. oh and sometimes when I get teleported to spawn for deathmatch I lose 2 hearts for no reason. Plse fix this.
They are aware of this issue and are working on it.

And lol at losing 2 hearts when deathmatch happened. It's been worse for me... I once lost 8 hearts when deathmatch started. Nearly lost to somebody who had half leather because of it. :p

fishboy48

Tribute
Reaction score
lol I lost because of it too a person who had half the armor I had and some nooby guy... the guy had half a heart at the end of deathmatch

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
This is not MCSG's fault. It's because of Bukkit and MineCraft, (I think) Now about you having full health, some armour and died because of fall damage, there's only 3 answers to this:
1. You are lieing and exaggerate really badly.
2. You fell of a high building and just died.
3. You didn't have full health and died from falling damage.

loic1212

Diamond
Reaction score
This is not MCSG's fault. It's because of Bukkit and MineCraft, (I think) Now about you having full health, some armour and died because of fall damage, there's only 3 answers to this:
I agree with this but its true that I lost 3 hearts from a 4 block fall dmg what didn't kill me but did scare me :)

Travis007

Survivor
Reaction score
I got TP'd to DM and died... Full Iron and Diamond sword but died upon being teleported... Full health aswell :/

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
I got TP'd to DM and died... Full Iron and Diamond sword but died upon being teleported... Full health aswell :/

G33ke

Reaction score
False. Those are not the only answers. There is another answer that states what he said could be true.
What exactly causes the bug to happen seems to be a bit of "lag" in the server calculating fall damage (the server does it to prevent players from hacking fall damage prevention.) and when the server lags that information, it can send it twice, three times...as many times as the lag lets it. It's entirely possible for it to be lagging enough to make you die from full health. All I was doing was sprinting on the ground when deathmatch started (on purpose, I like to be moving as soon as it starts.) and I took 8 hearts fall damage. Next game I did the same thing and took none. The only different might have been the platform at the corn that I started on, which still proves the point that there is a issue with taking tons of fall damage for no reason. Yes, I was at full health when I teleported to deathmatch both times, I always check to make sure before deathmatch. And yes, I wasn't lagging long enough for somebody to be hitting me with a sword, I was the first one there in fact and got free hits on the only other guy for his lag.

I once even logged onto a server one day, and died of fall damage in the lobby. Upon testing further, I realized that fall damage is disabled in the lobby. That's got to be some server mess up there, because about 5 other people also died and when you log into lobby, there should be a platform directly beneath you. That's not to mention dying of fall damage when the game goes to pre-game and you are about to rush corn. Damage is disabled there too, I've been next to a aimbot hacker who was trying to hit me, so obviously he was close enough to punch me. You can't tell me there is no issues with fall damage killing you instantly from full health upon teleportation, even Chad has acknowledged it it.

You are right about one thing though, it's not MCSG's fault. A temp fix is trying to be made until Bukkit/Minecraft fix it themselves.

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
False. Those are not the only answers. There is another answer that states what he said could be true.
What exactly causes the bug to happen seems to be a bit of "lag" in the server calculating fall damage (the server does it to prevent players from hacking fall damage prevention.) and when the server lags that information, it can send it twice, three times...as many times as the lag lets it. It's entirely possible for it to be lagging enough to make you die from full health. All I was doing was sprinting on the ground when deathmatch started (on purpose, I like to be moving as soon as it starts.) and I took 8 hearts fall damage. Next game I did the same thing and took none. The only different might have been the platform at the corn that I started on, which still proves the point that there is a issue with taking tons of fall damage for no reason. Yes, I was at full health when I teleported to deathmatch both times, I always check to make sure before deathmatch. And yes, I wasn't lagging long enough for somebody to be hitting me with a sword, I was the first one there in fact and got free hits on the only other guy for his lag.

I once even logged onto a server one day, and died of fall damage in the lobby. Upon testing further, I realized that fall damage is disabled in the lobby. That's got to be some server mess up there, because about 5 other people also died and when you log into lobby, there should be a platform directly beneath you. That's not to mention dying of fall damage when the game goes to pre-game and you are about to rush corn. Damage is disabled there too, I've been next to a aimbot hacker who was trying to hit me, so obviously he was close enough to punch me. You can't tell me there is no issues with fall damage killing you instantly from full health upon teleportation, even Chad has acknowledged it it.

You are right about one thing though, it's not MCSG's fault. A temp fix is trying to be made until Bukkit/Minecraft fix it themselves.
Lag is not involved in this situation. It's all MineCraft/Bukkit's fault.

G33ke

Reaction score
Lag is not involved in this situation. It's all MineCraft/Bukkit's fault.
Notice any lag since 1.3? Yeah, thought so.

But when I say lag, keep in mind I don't mean literal lag in game or anything. You can't see it, it's internal "lag" in specific places in the server caused by bukkit/minecraft I would think.

That is also what I believe it is the problem, that could be entirely wrong, but that doesn't prove your statement right.

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
Notice any lag since 1.3? Yeah, thought so.

But when I say lag, keep in mind I don't mean literal lag in game or anything. You can't see it, it's internal "lag" in specific places in the server caused by bukkit/minecraft I would think.

That is also what I believe it is the problem, that could be entirely wrong, but that doesn't prove your statement right.
It's not server or internal lag, I have it happen on my own server too and that one doesn't run with any of the plugins from these servers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci