• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Custom PC Opinions

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Hey guys so this Black Friday/Cyber Monday I plan on buying computer parts and making my own PC. I've already started planning and have come with a build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QfVKNG

Would you guys be able to tell me the PROS and CONS of this build as I am not really good with knowing how good parts are. Also would you be able to tell me how much FPS I would get in Minecraft.

Disclaimer: I do not plan on using this just for Minecraft. I plan on using this for a lot of my school work, as well as other gaming and designing.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys so this Black Friday/Cyber Monday I plan on buying computer parts and making my own PC. I've already started planning and have come with a build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QfVKNG

Would you guys be able to tell me the PROS and CONS of this build as I am not really good with knowing how good parts are. Also would you be able to tell me how much FPS I would get in Minecraft.

Disclaimer: I do not plan on using this just for Minecraft. I plan on using this for a lot of my school work, as well as other gaming and designing.
PROS
  • It's a good PC overall, it'll play almost every game on high settings
  • It should have a fast render speed with the CPU, great for video editing / designing etc.
CONS
  • You got no OS ( Guessing you got one yourself, or that you will get one somewhere else )
  • No Optical Drive
  • Relatively small storage ( Compared to most serious gaming computer ) I would personally aim for 2 TB+-, but I'm sure 1 TB will do just fine ( I don't like deleting my downloaded movies etc. )
  • No wireless networkcard = No WiFi, if you are only using LAN that's fine though.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
PROS
  • It's a good PC overall, it'll play almost every game on high settings
  • It should have a fast render speed with the CPU, great for video editing / designing etc.
CONS
  • You got no OS ( Guessing you got one yourself, or that you will get one somewhere else )
  • No Optical Drive
  • Relatively small storage ( Compared to most serious gaming computer ) I would personally aim for 2 TB+-, but I'm sure 1 TB will do just fine ( I don't like deleting my downloaded movies etc. )
  • No wireless networkcard = No WiFi, if you are only using LAN that's fine though.
Thanks for your info! Yes, I already have an external optical drive and a OS. My hard drive is quite fine as I do not really fill it up. Also thanks about the wireless card as I did not know that it doesn't come with the motherboard. Should be adding it to the system board once I get home. :)

Reaction score
Dude that's way overkill for just about everything...seriously, you trying to play crysis 3 max settings? That's an insane overkill.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
Dude that's way overkill for just about everything...seriously, you trying to play crysis 3 max settings? That's an insane overkill.
The only reason it's not overkill is because I plan on using it on everything possible even Crysis 3. xD
I'm using this computer through my whole highschool years and will add any modifications if needed.

Reaction score
The only reason it's not overkill is because I plan on using it on everything possible even Crysis 3. xD
I'm using this computer through my whole highschool years and will add any modifications if needed.
This computer is something people use for extreme video editing and stuff like that. No one uses it for crysis...even for crysis a 670 or so will be fine.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Also, there is nothing wrong with overkill, also it'll be able to play all the game released in the future for a long time, there is nothing wrong with that.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
This computer is something people use for extreme video editing and stuff like that. No one uses it for crysis...even for crysis a 670 or so will be fine.
I do a lot of video editing.
Also, there is nothing wrong with overkill, also it'll be able to play all the game released in the future for a long time, there is nothing wrong with that.
^^

Reaction score
The thing is, by that time, if he gets a slightly less expensive GPU, he'll be able to get a 980 or whatever is coming out..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci