• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Debunking the recent network instability, AS/CA hub news, and Catching Fire update

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
Optifine > Sprint key
Firstly I am one of 3.2 users who play 16.4. I really don't need optifine especially cause I play with tiny with optifine and get really good fps on the other hand when I play 1.7 I drop 60 to 50- but I do agree to update the server whole to 1.7 as this can help some people with the lag puts, glitches ect. The only reason I play 1.6.4 is because I don't have a stable PC to run at like 120+ I use optifine and that's the amount that I get. But swing this whole thread those 3.2 users don't want to update but they have to think about the majority of MCSG's users that use 1.7 as there is more players on US there's obviously gonna be more players that use 1.7 but if those 1.6 people are argueing to keep 1.6 and waits till optifine for 1.7 there's 96% of people that use 1.7. Optifine will update eventually it's not the end of the world it was like bsm giving a huge amount of advantage to the other players its nearly the same as 1.7 sprint but 1.7 sprint can't run sideways an as 1.6 users are using tht double tap there at a huge disadvantage as Luc said we should have a petition on the forums I agree to that completely cause that's were 1.6 users have to have something to say about keeping 1.6, I've seen every comment page to page and 1.6 users are saying "Don't update I need optifine to play!" You can survive without optifine till it updates in the end I agree to update the servers for the benfit of the majority of the community.
-Kieee

K

KingTrevor_

I honestly think 1.6 needs to get cut out. We can all agree we're only staying for Optifine. I really hope that 1.6 gets dropped in the near future, the lag is real.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Just an update, all servers will be restarted later at night tonight (sometime around 10PM-12AM CST) for more fixes to the dual protocol support, as I've been working with the creator of the dual protocol Bungee today to solve some issues.

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
Just an update, all servers will be restarted later at night tonight (sometime around 10PM-12AM CST) for more fixes to the dual protocol support, as I've been working with the creator of the dual protocol Bungee today to solve some issues.
Ok

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
There is NO WAY that your stats are right about the percents of ppl using 1.6 compared to 1.7. I know TONS of players who still use 1.6.. there is no way 96% of ppl use 1.7 right now. 96% might of TRIED 1.7 at one point or another.. but as far as use it.. right now.. I don't think so.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
There is NO WAY that your stats are right about the percents of ppl using 1.6 compared to 1.7. I know TONS of players who still use 1.6.. there is no way 96% of ppl use 1.7 right now. 96% might of TRIED 1.7 at one point or another.. but as far as use it.. right now.. I don't think so.
Those statistics were pulled from the proxy logs themselves, which log every single connection to US, EU, and AU.

SECRETACENTION99

Spectator
Reaction score
I need 1.6 to make videos on your server because i lag like crazy on 1.7 and there is no opt fine for 1.7 so plase think about staying on 1.6 .

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Those statistics were pulled from the proxy logs themselves, which log every single connection to US, EU, and AU.
so you are saying.. that 96% of mcsg players.. are using 1.7 right at this moment? I just find that hard to believe.. I could believe that 96% of players on mcsg have used 1.7 on mcsg at one point or another but I can't believe that 96% is using 1.7 currently on our servers. Heck, look at the amount of ppl here that are saying not to change it to 1.7 yet cuz of the amount of lag that they get on Mcsg just in this thread alone lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci