• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Debunking the recent network instability, AS/CA hub news, and Catching Fire update

joshbillyjoe

Diamond
Reaction score
You're one of the 3.2%, congratulations!
In all seriousness, we'd rather be stable on 1.7 only than have random disconnections and lag, making the game nearly unplayable, with both 1.6/1.7 support.
The only thing is that 1.7 doesn't have optifine which is kinda stupid because it has been almost 2 months. I don't care if you switch or not.

Lohlex

Diamond
Reaction score
Forairan Regarding the CA hub, in my opinion, you should add a place in the US hub and call it the US East/CA servers (because of the CA servers being hosted in the US). First of all the CA servers are losing population due to the lack of updates on them. If you add them to the US hub, im guessing you could update them all at the same time and or the same way. Secondly it would bring more people to the CA community from the East coast of the US and they would get better connection. On the other hand depending on where the US hub is hosted at the moment, it may not work. But it's just a thought and I hope you take it into consideration.
~DayDuskDawn

JLFlame

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion I would LOVE to switch over to 1.7. I have to take in consideration however that the 3% of people in 1.6 are using 1.6 to use optifine. If this was my decision unless optifine takes a long time to update, stay at the 1.6/1.7 server until optifine 1.7 comes out.

Forairan Regarding the CA hub, in my opinion, you should add a place in the US hub and call it the US East/CA servers (because of the CA servers being hosted in the US). First of all the CA servers are losing population due to the lack of updates on them. If you add them to the US hub, im guessing you could update them all at the same time and or the same way. Secondly it would bring more people to the CA community from the East coast of the US and they would get better connection. On the other hand depending on where the US hub is hosted at the moment, it may not work. But it's just a thought and I hope you take it into consideration.
~DayDuskDawn
Oh man that would helpful! Please update CA servers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Code220

Survivor
Reaction score
I know a lot of people have issues playing... Unless it gets updated soon I can't play without optifine and if the support is dropped, I can't play till the updates are done...

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
pls i use 1.6

i would use 1.7 but without optifine my computer is Good

and optifine is only at 10% despite 1.7 being out for many weeks now

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I know a lot of people on the forums want to keep 1.6 duel support, but think I how many players there are on the whole community. There is a lot, and frankly, if 30 people on the forums want to keep 1.6 I don't think that's enough. Sorry if something like this has been posted, (in about 3 more pages until I have read all of them.) but I just thought I should post m opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci