• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events Deception Games 3 (Community Event)

Deception Games 4 in which region?

• EU

Votes: 88 41.7%
  • AU

Votes: 46 21.8%
  • US

Votes: 77 36.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score

Hey Guys!

I am extremely happy to present you with! Deception Games 3 (Triple the deception?)

For the third Deception Games there will be 3 twists! (some revealed in the upcoming weeks to the event, some revealed during the event)

1. Number 1! What a twist! (wiggles eyebrows) Teams will be chosen through.. TEAM CAPTAINS! Each team captain will be given 20 points, and the captains get to bid on the other players! Highest Bid wins! you cannot team outside of your captains chosen team. The prize will be split between the surviving members of that team at the end of the game.

2.Number 2! Electric boogaloo! (arm dance) The top 4 players with the most kills will gain an automatic spot into DG5, (These players must have over 1 kill, if less than 4 players get 2 kills or more, less than 4 players gain a space into DG5)

For Deception Games 3 we have made a promotional skin! Hinting at the possible theme of the map, download it to show your support for the deception games and if you are in the event you can wear it! (For luck)- http://tinyurl.com/mesgbde

Event will be 25th April 7pm BST/ 11am PST if you cannot make it please pm me your proxy player

Video of first Deception Games-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy28_hoZntY

Video of the second Deception Games-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuf2di-QSU

Note- The aim of the game is to use betrayal and strategy to your advantage, we have made it clear that betrayal and large teams are completely ok in the event so please no guilt tripping or offensive insults to people who use these strategies! No Guilt should be carried on from this game into normal games!

Tributes

Team 1

1/ Hindsight -Captain
2/ xSwagBear
3/ tayemack123
4/ smashmaster

Team 2

1/ bcfcAnt -Captain
2/ Dylanz7040
3/ Sethalinko
4/ patrickfalcon

Team 3

1/ charliewolves -Captain
2/ Zinc // Akash754
3/ Zauron
4/ Deception
5/ Stuniing

Team 4

1/ CreeperGoesPro - Captain
2/ Nightmqre
3/ croe97

Team 5

1/ Arashii -Captain
2/ Yozy_XD
3/ gregorffc123 -
4/ Norwz
5/ Jordstar3479

Team 6

1/ Pearlyyy -Captain
2/ YourAverageTiger
3/ BluqLiqhts -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The map will be completely secret until the event so noone has a map advantage.

The Deception Games isn't just another tournament event though, it will be much more, the key to winning the Deception Games lies in Treachery and Betrayal, only one can win but picking your allies wisely may lead you to victory. The Grand Prize for the Deception Games will start at a total prize pool of $50, although this may not be the final prize of the event, we will open the Deception Games to Backers which will be explained later and can increase the total prize pool of the event.

In the Deception Games you will be rewarded for betrayal, for a 20% reduction of the prize pool in the event you win, you can sell out a team mate to the overseers which will result in them being heavily disadvantaged (what will happen to them will not be disclosed) to be eligible to sell someone out, you must have been previously observed by an overseer working in a team till you at least fight one other player together, if it is unclear you are teamed, they will not be eligible to be sold out by you. Also you cannot use this betrayal if you are the last 2 players alive. (Note- a 20% reduction may seem like a large amount, but if it secures your victory by using it at the right point in the game, it will be worth it)

Before the Deception Games begin, all tributes will be gathered and given time to work out alliances, each tribute will be given 10 unique blocks (for instance one user may have red wool, this will indicate it is their block and all the other tributes will have a different block type) these blocks are each worth 10% of the total prize if you win, you can trade these blocks with another player to buy their allegiance. For example. Say tribute 1 gives tribute 3 a total of 4 blocks to buy their allegiance, in the event that tribute 1 wins, each of his assigned blocks will be worth 10% of the prize pool, so tribute 1 would get 60% of the prize pool and tribute 3 would get 40% of the prize pool. These block trades can be used to solidify an alliance as for instance if a team traded 5 blocks each to each other, it would lessen the reasoning to betray as even if you are betrayed you still get 50% of the total prize pool. All trades will be enacted in a private room from the other tributes with an Overseer to validate the trade. Choose your alliances wisely. Honesty cannot be bought. Betrayal can.

Here is a breakdown of the elements of the Deception Games:

Map:

The Map will remain secret until the event!

Overseers:

We will choose a group of "overseers" to watch over the games, the overseers can have no physical input into the game and are purely there to make sure players do not breach any of the rules and to solve any disputes players have (for instance if someone thought someone was hacking an overseer will have watched it)

Fighting by Proxy:

If for some reason a tribute cannot attend the Deception Games, they may choose another player to be their proxy player, this player will become the tribute in their stead, but the prize will go towards the original tribute (it is up to the original tribute to give the proxy a part of the prize upon their discretion). It is completely within the rules to use the Proxy system to make it more likely to become a tribute, for instance you could get two friends to also apply to the Deception Games who don't want to play and in the event you do not become a tribute but they manage to get voted high enough, you could play as their proxy player.

Rules:

1/ No Hacking Clients

2/Attempts to Ddoss other players will not be tolerated

3/No Bullying of other players in the games

4/Do not attempt to Rig the results of the Voting for tributes

5/Do not block glitch

6/Do not escape the map in any way

7/Do not exploit any glitches found

8/Follow Overseers instructions at all times

Backers:

If you wish to help support the event you can add a donation to the prize pool, for instance we have started the prize pool at $50, if 5 people donated $10 then the prize pool would rise to a total of $100, so there is more to play for, making the game more interesting. What do you get for being a backer? After the event we will leave the map open for the backers to fully explore for an hour, so you will get the first chance to find all the best chests and develop the best chest route. Also if you intend to apply for the second Deception Games, being a backer of the first Deception Games will mean your votes in the voting stage will be tripled, making the chances to be in the second Deception Games, incredibly higher. If you want to become a backer send Ninetailefox92 a pm on the forums and we can sort it out.

Any Questions? Feel free to send me a PM and I will answer as soon as possible

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Giggity69Goo
Number (1-9): 1
Reason for applying: I am applying because I have been in the past 2 deception games, however I did not play them, and let my proxys play. This time, I think I can actually play in the games!
Why will you win: I will win because I know most of the people in the community and I have a way of manipulating minds.
Do you agree to our rules: Of course.
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): Yes, both DG 1 and DG 2, but let my proxys play.
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: Yoshiplaysgames

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Nice work Nine! Good luck guys! :)

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN:charliewolves
Number (1-9):9
Reason for applying:I wanted to apply for the last one, but didn't quite get around to it. It looks fun and sounds fun, Also I feel rather inactive as a member of the community, so why not get more involved? :D
Why will you win: I am derpy enough to survive most games until Dm, I mean who doesn't want an "easy" Kill in dm, right? Or am I an easy kill? Sometimes acting the fool the whole game can work to your advantage. Also I can be rather persuasive or look so pathetic people will give me free stuffs :D (free armour <3)
Do you agree to our rules: Yes
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): Nope, wanted to be but didn't quite get around to applying
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up:I shall indeed have one ready

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN:charliewolves
Number (1-9):9
Reason for applying:I wanted to apply for the last one, but didn't quite get around to it. It looks fun and sounds fun, Also I feel rather inactive as a member of the community, so why not get more involved? :D
Why will you win: I am derpy enough to survive most games until Dm, I mean who doesn't want an "easy" Kill in dm, right? Or am I an easy kill? Sometimes acting the fool the whole game can work to your advantage. Also I can be rather persuasive or look so pathetic people will give me free stuffs :D (free armour <3)
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): Nope, wanted to be but didn't quite get around to applying
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up:I shall indeed have one ready
ayy

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: YourAverageTiger
Number (1-9): 7
Reason for applying: I want to play in the Deception games and try win. I hope to also make a lot of new friends
Why will you win: I will probably try join a large team c:. I also believe I have the time + skill to pull it off. Depends xD
Do you agree to our rules: I agree and solemnly swear that if I break them I shall be liable to whatever I may get.
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): No, I applied for one, but I didnt get in.
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: I have talked to a few people, and yes. I will most likely make it though. c:

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Mirkoz
Number (1-9): 2, for me it's a very lucky number :)
Reason for applying: I want to play with the best players in the community and maybe win.
Why will you win: Team of 12 MUAHAHAH...joking, maybe with a little bit of intelligence, organization and luck.
Do you agree to our rules: Sure, like everytime I see a rule.
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): No, because I never applied before :p
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up : ThunderDeath3109

Last edited:
M

MattGlowstone

Minecraft IGN: MattGlowstone
Number (1-9): 3
Reason for applying: I want to get to know the members of the community better and i feel it would be a challenge and a great achievement to win.
Why will you win: I hope i will win :p, hopefully i will get into a large team and fight till the end!
Do you agree to our rules: yes
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): No
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: Yes, of course

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: TheMangoTiger
Number (1-9): 8
Reason for applying: I want to try and actually get to dm this time, and also overall become more active in community events c:
Why will you win: I will win because I actually know how this works now, and hopefully how to survive to the end
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): Yes, I played as a proxy for my brother Mlpoknzaba in the previous games (2). I didn't have a team and I basically collected stuff until I was destroyed by one of the large 5 teams xD. This time around I think I can get into a team and survive longer!
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: I'm sure I can find someone/force my brother to play if I can't.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: Zacharoutio
Number (1-9): 3
Reason for applying: I have never had the chance to enter one of these games, always missed it. It looks great, and want a chance to participate in this event.
Why will you win: Tactics, intelligence and maybe.. manipulation.
Do you agree to our rules: Yes, I agree to your rules.
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): No, as stated before I never had the chance too, which is why I hope to be in this one.
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: Yes, I have someone ready.

GentleSnivy

Diamond
Reaction score
Minecraft IGN: GentleSnivy
Number (1-9): 5
Reason for applying: I've always wanted to try Deception Games and I thought I might put on a good show.
Why will you win: I'll do my best to become righteous.
Do you agree to our rules: Yes, I do.
Have you been in a previous Deception Games (specify): No, I have not been in one before.
Will you have a proxy ready in the event you cannot turn up: I will have a proxy if I can not make the Deception Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci