• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DECISION TIME: The Consequences of the Yes Vote.

Is this a valid thread?

• Yes

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sorry but did you even read the thread? The whole point was changes like this have happened before (chest update) no one liked it, you know why? The majority of the mcsg players do not know what their doing; I.E 12 year olds who think they'll get perfect ratios and stuff.
But in all honesty, if half of mcgamers good player base quit, then it would be worse than if half of the bad(no offense) players quit.
Hear me out here, you see these good players have motive to help the community, they're active, try participate, etc.
But the other side, however, simply plays for a month, and quits. Good players stay bad players go, that's always how this community worksNOW BEFORE YOU BRING UP SO CHEESY INSPIRATIONAL SH!T ABOUT WANTING TO BE THE VERY BEST no.
That's not how it works, maybe a couple of them do, but the majority do not.
I guarantee if you were to ask experienced and active players, the majority would say no to this poll.
All I have to say, before you quote me you must realize if you argue with me I don't care.
*Not arguing. Just stating my opinion.*

Yes. Players will come. Players will go. But a majority of the good, old time players left because of the community. Not the changes. And yes. I would care a lot more if the old, good players quit, but still. This community is based off of majority rules, so I think, because they want to please the majority of the community. Yes. The old players are more respected, well, slightly, and will receive more....voice. But that doesn't exclude the fact that the community will still live off of players. Whether they are new or not.

And you can come back at me and say whatever you want. But that doesn't exclude the fact that new players are apart of this community, and will always have a say.

*I don't even know what I was saying/trying to accomplish with this post... You can basically just ignore it I guess...*

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I voted yes. Come at me.

Like I've said before, face the facts. mcgamer will not notice the minority that leave. Honestly, not even HALF of MCGamer cares about their stats. In fact, if the stats are reset you really don't lose much. Other then the hard work - which, you should realize that is a good thing.

If there are people high up on the leaderboards, who have quit and don't play MCGamer anymore, bam. They're out of the picture. A good 100 people will be eliminated from the mix, and technically the thousands of games you have played will benefit you. The next 10 days will allow you to secure yourself a spot in the top xxx. Sure, tryhards and hackers will be about. Aren't they always?

TL;DR, the better you are will just secure you a possibly higher spot then you are now. This can benefit you.
It'll be easy to get in the top xxx ?

I played hard to get to the top xx, now I don't play as much and don't intend to play as much as I used to. So yes, this is a huge waste of time. I don't care about no 'legacy leaderboard'.

So no, it doesn't benefit me.

Ceroria | XyZebrAbC Regarding "To get that high up on the leaderboards you literally have to make MCSG your life."

Meh, the leaderboards will be the same in about two years. Maybe even worse. If you're top then, you wouldn't want another reset. Sure you might say you won't mind if they did it now. But if you was actually top then you will know.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I voted Yes not because I don't care about my stats (which I actually don't to a certain degree) but because of the foothold the top xxx players have established and the new features of the stats (whatever they may be :eek:).

Sure. Joe and Ant might have started from the bottom and now they're at the top, but I think it best if the leaderboards reset to give players who have just started and have potential to get somewhere (about 80 if not 100% of the top 25 have 3000+ or close to wins- it would take quite some time and imo a lot of no lifing to get into the top 25 from 0).

Don't get me wrong, I respect that higher up players in the rankings don't want a reset and I understand where they're coming from.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this thread valid? Yes, but borders on propaganda, but I'll allow it.

For fairness' sake, someone should make a, "Decision Time: The Consequences of a No Vote" thread with an opposing view.

Majestical

Platinum
Reaction score
It's called using proper grammar, and thinking about how no one would care about the legacy leaderboards.
Ah sorry mate. Unlike you I am not a grammar nazi. In my opinion my grammar is absolutely fine. Plus I just woke up.

And yes the legacy leaderboards would be looked at.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I was worried my post would be misinterpreted...

Never did I say in that post that I'm on the side of not deleting the records. I also made specifically sure to say several times that I wasn't stating my opinion on that at all.

Originally I wasn't going to say my thoughts, but because of this, I will: What's really funny about this is that I'm completely for the reset. That may seem to contradict what I was saying...but I feel that's how the message was misinterpreted. I was not making that argument about disliking the way polls were handled in the past because I don't like the outcome now. Those were my thoughts on the polling stuff with the current topic thrown completely aside. Those thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with which side I'm on and merely reflect my thoughts on the way it's being handled.

Sorry, but not everything I write is written with a hidden agenda.

That said, I'd like to request that that post not be used as "propaganda" against or for the poll. Those thoughts are completely separate from those of mine on the leaderboard change. Quite honestly, I don't have anything to say about the leaderboards stuff going on right now, so I feel no reason to go into any detail.

Last edited:

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I voted yes for this and my stats aren't terrible.
I only have about 600 wins combined out of 3800 games total over 2 years of play
k

My view is why not?
What a fabulous argument Ceroria, why not? I'll go ahead and answer that for you buddy. People work hard for their wins, it doesn't matter if they're rank one or 8000, they still put a lot of time and effort for them. Don't use the legacy argument, because no one will care about that. Nobody is going to go on the legacy leaderboard to see how someone used to be. In fact the only people who will get noticed are the front page, which will happen how often, twice? Once someone views the legacy front page they'll never have to view it again, it isn't going to change.

You say that people will have to no life to get to the top of the leaderboard, yet you think it'll change when it resets? Why does someone who hasn't worked hard at all deserve to have a better shot than someone who's worked hard for two years. What about two years from now , will the people then deserve a better shot? I know if they reset I would stop playing, why work hard if stats are just going to be erased.

So there you go pal, that's "Why not".

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci