• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Depression [My story/point of view]

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is that why would you tell yourself you are worthless, that just makes you go deep, this is a world in which there is always a person for you no matter who you are, the way you look, the way you dress, no matter what there is always going to be a person who is going to care about you and that is what is worth fighting for.

Calling yourself worthless when you are not does not make you happy, yeah you look in the mirror and you think you are worthless, then go back to sleep? No you have to live happy, force yourself to meet people share stories with them. Because whenever you find your true soulmate lets supose you have kids and eventually grandkids, what are you going to tell them? Yeah I spent my whole childhood/youth calling myself worthless?No!

I read this not long ago and it made an impact on me. Gotta have something to tell the grandkids, and it is totally true, I cant be more grateful for the friends that I have made this year, when during our senior trip we made so many memories that now we talk about them and smile and hope to make new ones.

What if I just called myself worthless and went back to sleep?None of this would have happened. You have to make the first move you have to realise what is happening and make an effort to change it.
I'm simply saying that every feeling and emotion is important; even the negative ones. Anger, despair, rage, lust; all of 'em. You can use those to better yourself through artistic expression of any kind and create extraordinary things. Ask yourself why you feel that way, explain how you feel in ways that stretch and bend the truth; in ways that others who have the privilege not to feel that way could understand. Just simply telling yourself not to feel a way because it's against norms may work for a while, but will only cause more pain in the future; trust me, I know that better than most.

In the end though; do what's best for you and the people around you.

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm simply saying that every feeling and emotion is important; even the negative ones. Anger, despair, rage, lust; all of 'em. You can use those to better yourself through artistic expression of any kind and create extraordinary things. Ask yourself why you feel that way, explain how you feel in ways that stretch and bend the truth; in ways that others who have the privilege not to feel that way could understand. Just simply telling yourself not to feel a way because it's against norms may work for a while, but will only cause more pain in the future; trust me, I know that better than most.

In the end though; do what's best for you and the people around you.
Im not saying that not to feel something Im saying that once you feel like that you have to see why are you feeling that way and try to change the way you feel to feel another way that you like to feel. I dont know if I explained my self correctly there but I hope you get the idea. Im not saying this emotion is bad that one too Im saying that you can redirect them towards they goal of life which is happiness, and this can be achieved from different directions depending on the way a person is. Maybe for me happiness is to see the sunrise and maybe you are happy doing a backflip Idk. But if you are feeling depressed try and change the way you feel to be able to do a backflip and then be happy If you get what Im trying to explain c:

Reaction score
I agree completely.

I wouldn't say I was depressed or close to depression, but during my middle school years I really did nothing but play video games all day and had only a few friends.

It took me up until highschool to realize I had become almost a total social outcast, so I decided to change. Now I am alot more outgoing (I have always been a little awkward) but you just have to put yourself out there and not worry about others opinions, because everyone judges eachother all the time.

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree completely.

I wouldn't say I was depressed or close to depression, but during my middle school years I really did nothing but play video games all day and had only a few friends.

It took me up until highschool to realize I had become almost a total social outcast, so I decided to change. Now I am alot more outgoing (I have always been a little awkward) but you just have to put yourself out there and not worry about others opinions, because everyone judges eachother all the time.
thats the mentality man just have fun and enjoy life c:

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This pov is interesting, doesn't help me tho. Im born with it,

Reaction score
bipolar lmao
even bipolar people who have been depressed all their life can still get better, hell, I have a bipolar friend who has tons of friends and makes the most of his situation.

If you go into a situation thinking you can never do it, you will never do it.

David

Career
Reaction score
I hope this act of strength by making your story public helps a lot of others out there who are struggling with the same issue find help <3 This was very brave of you <3

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly one of the most inspiring threads that i've personally seen in quite a while.

You have a lot of courage posting this in the first place and I'm extremely glad you're happy with life as of now.

+1 *claps*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci