• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Did the sprint button change PvP?

Do you think the 1.7 sprint changed pvp for the better or worse?

• Better

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Worse

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • I started after 1.7 so it doesn't affect me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
so this update ruined mcsg for me.....
it is impossible to determine who uses bsm now.... and I don't win anymore...
Im nto claiming to be the best pvper in mcsg history... but for a while i was ranked number 1...
Since the 1.7 update i have won very few games and have lost thousands....
bsm actually doesn't work anymore, if you try Xime will ban you for 60 seconds

S

Sepyz

bsm actually doesn't work anymore, if you try Xime will ban you for 60 seconds
BSM isn't the only sprinting mod out there, in fact, it's one of the worst ones.
Also, nothing works 100% of the time.

As for my honest opinion on the subject:
I believe block-hitting has been nerfed (or heavily modified) along with hitboxes and other features related to PvP in 1.8+.

The wonderful part about this is making PvP overall more difficult, which includes making the hitboxes smaller, but it's a shame that block-hitting doesn't work properly.
PvP becomes more difficult when more aspects are involved.
Different strategies work great against different things, and if some of those things are removed, it takes the entire community a long time to adjust to it, and can even alter people's skill levels.

As for double-tapping, the extreme nerfing of that has made PvP much easier.
It took a required skill away from PvP, and basically gave everyone the chance to kill.
Remember how hard it was fighting those damn BSM users?

Well, guess what happened? Mojang decides: "Let's give everyone an unfair advantage! :D"
Although that statement may seem ridiculous, it honestly is true. More experienced players have the advantage of strafing methods and other techniques, while new players have the advantage of keeping a sprint engaged for a long amount of time.
No wobble sprint for both parties, woo!

Mojang is not to blame, however, and neither is the community. Minecraft, although a major aspect of it is indeed PvP, we must consider that another large portion of the community enjoys playing survival, creative, or other gamemodes/minigames. Everything is everchanging in this game, which the creators committed to by releasing individual updates instead of entire new games for major updates.

In conclusion, I do believe that the sprint button has affected PvP, and I believe it has affected it in a negative way. Bad players are now less burdened to acquire an extra skill, and good players have to deal with them. That's just my opinion, however.

I'm going to go do my homework now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm torn between either side. Before the sprint key, sprinting was skill based, but it was also dependent upon the quality of one's computer. For example, when I had first started long ago, I found sprinting to be quite nearly impossible due to the slowness in which my computer would process a double-tap of the W key; and any key for that matter. This in turn caused my character to have the dreaded "wiggle/wobble effect". This was a commonality that was reduced to near zero when I upgraded to a more efficient machine. Though the "wiggle effect" is something that happens to everyone, it has it's own skill based factors; but in relation to lag, skill was the minority in the case of who was more responsible.

When the sprint button was added, sprinting became fair game. No longer was the leading factor to sprint difficulties prominent. But with the lag factor being taken away came a consequence. Before the sprint key, many players (including myself) relied on sprint failures (or lack of sprint failures) to be the deciding factors towards who will win a fight. Without the sprint key, attributes like agility, quickness, and escapability, were all legitimate ways to describe someones play-style; and with the addition of the sprint key, came the removal of those attributes. But, we have to remember that the sprint key update was something that was requested by a longstanding, and overwhelming majority of Minecraft players, not MCSG players.

So while I do have a soft spot for double-tapping seeing as it was my key to success. I find that the opposing argument is just as strong, and that there really isn't a more valid side.

With this all in mind:
- Is PVP better? No. Is PVP worse? No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci