• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Disrespect "eZ" "GG10" "Rekt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
Am I the only one that really doesn't see this often? I will sometimes see someone say "GG" but I usual take at as good fight when they say it mid game meaning I might have almost killed them.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Am I the only one that really doesn't see this often? I will sometimes see someone say "GG" but I usual take at as good fight when they say it mid game meaning I might have almost killed them.
Yeah there are days when this doesn't happen but its not often.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's been brought up before more times than anyone cares to remember, but as it stands the general response was one of two things;
a) yeah I agree, something needs to be done about this
b) you need to realise it's a game and not let it get to you

I'm not picking either option here, no, rather, I'm mixed between the two. It's not right to disregard the problem as a problem (point b), because it is one, but conversely, saying it's a big problem isn't right either, because it's not. Because of the competitive nature which MCSG generates, there will be competitive talk, and not all of it is pretty. It's unavoidable, except if we filter it out. That would be a good idea, but at the same time, another good view and train of thought is for these comments to not get to you/affect you point blank. You need to realise that people who say things like this are trying to get at you, trying to get a reaction. Giving them the reaction is the wrong thing to do- we learnt that when learning how to deal with bullies. Just ignore them, because if you're denying them a response, they're just making themselves look like a bit of a fool.

tl;dr resilience is key here, but this trash talk problem is a problem, one that needs to be addressed if it gets worse

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think you're forgetting that MCSG works off the chat. Someone who is into the game and wants to play normally needs the chat so they can know when to run, if a certain player is saying something to them (To do with a team, ect.), or when deathmatch, the game, ect. is coming. Of course, the side bar at the side tells us this kind of things, but it would just be so much easier if you had the chat turned on, so I never really saw why people suggest this.
Try turning your chat off and playing a game or two before you assume that chat is so much easier. I have played with the chat off fine, the only problem is that you don't know about hackers as often. However, your feelings aren't swayed, and you don't have an urge to look at every message. To team, just block for a while. The side bar is not that hard to glance at.

OrangesAndLemons95

Experienced
Reaction score
Try turning your chat off and playing a game or two before you assume that chat is so much easier. I have played with the chat off fine, the only problem is that you don't know about hackers as often. However, your feelings aren't swayed, and you don't have an urge to look at every message. To team, just block for a while. The side bar is not that hard to glance at.
Thats your opinion, and I respect that, however I shall remain playing as I do.
Oh, and dont call people out for assuming things without doing your research, if you haven't done your research either, thats massively hypocritical. Infact, you can't even argue with me because its not like you can see my screen to see if Im using chat or not, and for the record I have tried with no chat, and I feel its extremely uncomfortable, and more than anything, weird to play with.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I think that solutions are going to be worked on in the future for this. I honestly hate when people say these things, and I wouldn't ever say it to anyone.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thats your opinion, and I respect that, however I shall remain playing as I do.
Oh, and dont call people out for assuming things without doing your research, if you haven't done your research either, thats massively hypocritical. Infact, you can't even argue with me because its not like you can see my screen to see if Im using chat or not, and for the record I have tried with no chat, and I feel its extremely uncomfortable, and more than anything, weird to play with.
OK, but next time, you may want to include that in your first post.

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
Locked due to Necro Posting

Stefan Please do not try to necro post next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci