• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do maps have to have Alot of buildings.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Hello.
I have started building a map, But the problem is. I don't enjoy building. Terraforming is more my thing.

So i want to make a map which has insane terraforming and not alot of buildings, Is that allowed. Like SG1 , It doesn't have alot of buildings. Just landmarks.

So my question is. Do maps have to have alot of buildings.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
If SG1/SG3 were excepted with barely any structures. What makes you think yours won't c:

Although it would be preferable. c:

ChargedPVP

Experienced
Reaction score
It's up to you, a map should have a few building at least, but Vida Cova does not have many and was accepted. TSG1 isn't full of the either. Although i prefer maps that have a lot of buildings and most of the overplayed maps have a lot of buildings, ex: Vallyside, Holiday Resort, SG4, TSG2, Breeze… and so on. But if terraformng is your thing then make it really good. Or if you want to just terraform join a build team or get a builder to help you.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
It's up to you, a map should have a few building at least, but Vida Cova does not have many and was accepted. TSG1 isn't full of the either. Although i prefer maps that have a lot of buildings and most of the overplayed maps have a lot of buildings, ex: Vallyside, Holiday Resort, SG4, TSG2, Breeze… and so on. But if terraformng is your thing then make it really good. Or if you want to just terraform join a build team or get a builder to help you.
Okay, Thanks.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As a few had said above me, you can make a map that has no buildings and is just terraforming, it may look really good, but the PVP will be bad. That is why you need flat areas for pvp, which are linked with buildings.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If SG1/SG3 were excepted with barely any structures. What makes you think yours won't c:

Although it would be preferable. c:
SG1 would probably never be accepted now. Not sure about SG3 either. SG1 was literally the only halfway decent map for SG when MCSG started,and SG3 was added because every TV map was.

And if you make you terraforming very definitive and unique (and good, of course) you should be fine.
As a few had said above me, you can make a map that has no buildings and is just terraforming, it may look really good, but the PVP will be bad. That is why you need flat areas for pvp, which are linked with buildings.
That's not necessarily true. 1. I wish people thought more than just flat land was good for PvP. It may be good for doing basic stuff, but variance gives unique, strategic combat that takes different skill sets. 2. Who says you need buildings to have a flat area?

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Of course it's allowed! Just the community doesn't find those maps as interesting as others, such as the long gameplay on SG3 compared to SG4's short, pvp filled gameplay.

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
*cough* You have me Leon *cough*

:c
tell me what to do I am ur servant

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Of course it's allowed! Just the community doesn't find those maps as interesting as others, such as the long gameplay on SG3 compared to SG4's short, pvp filled gameplay.
That has to do with SG3's size more than the fact that it doesn't have buildings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci