• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do players treat you a certain way based on the sound of your voice?

Are you a squeaker?

• Total voters

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
So one day I was on the MCSG teamspeak and I was looking to find some people to play some SG with, and I overheard other people asking to play some SG. So I asked some older guys, about 15-17 years old, and they told me, "Sorry we're busy" and other stuff like that and other people asked to team and they accepted, which pissed me off. I also realised that the other kids asking were younger than me. That's when I realised.

I'm 14 years old and I get mistaken for a 9-year-old (I get treated like one too.) I'm 4 foot 7 and sound like a squeaker. (This is what I sound like.
)

But find any other 13-year-old that does MCSG and their voices sound like Morgan Freeman compared to me. Also, when you watch a video with an 8-year-old kid commentating, people always (and I mean ALWAYS) dislike the video more than likes. Why do people judge other people based on their voices? I've been used to this for a long time and I've had it. I just hate it. If anybody has had any experience with something like this, let me know. I wanna know I'm not alone.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
That's exactly how my voice was like when I was 14 LOL
good old youtube days
what you could do is to just ignore those people who criticize you for your voice
or you can tell them to bunnies off
they both work

N

Nikola

I can relate to you on this because when I was 13/14 I had such a crappy voice people would make fun of me but as I grew older my voice changed tremendously. I mean people do it just because they're really judgmental I guess. Don't really pay attention to those who do it have your own group of friends and that's it. I personally have my own group of friends not only online but irl and I don't hang out with others as much. :)

Edge

Platinum
Reaction score
That's exactly how my voice was like when I was 14 LOL
good old youtube days
what you could do is to just ignore those people who criticize you for your voice
or you can tell them to bunnies off
they both work
please put them videos on public i want to watch them again
brings me so many memories <333333

Don't worry about it man, in time you'll get a deeper voice.
Whoever judges people by voice should go jump off a bridge honestly. I hate people who do that, it just has no sense to judge others because they have a squeaky voice. Tell them to piss off and don't mind them.

Last edited by a moderator:

William

District 13
Reaction score
Hello!
I used to have the same type of problem before, I had a very high pitched voice and people were mocking me about it. I suggest not to care so much about it, why should the sound of your voice be the thing people judge you for? It's not okay, and people that do that are the ones being immature. If any of this happends on the MCGamer TS then poke a moderator and ask for help. We're here to help c:
These days I have a deep voice. Atleast what I hear from people. I don't really think it's deep or anything special but that is what they say. I used to be like you, but puberty hits you at a point, you know? :) Don't let haters bring you down, do what you like to do and keep on doing it!

Hope you have a nice day :)

Feryz

Career
Reaction score
I don't really judge people by their voice because i kinda have the same problem :p

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Perhaps you're better off not hanging out with people that turn you down for such reasons.

I joined the community when I was 15, and became best friends with someone 8 years older than me. I'm going to be turning 19 next month, and he's well into his mid 20's. Still great friends.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Just as Sixzo said; If people judge you for how you sound they're not with your time.

And don't worry about your voice, cuz everyone's got a different one. I've got an obnoxiously deep voice and I'm a girl (mostly because of my 16 years of testosterone poisoning but that's beyond the point).

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Perhaps you're better off not hanging out with people that turn you down for such reasons.
Yeah, that's a great point :p

I joined this community when I was 14, I believe. I had lived in Texas for two years already, Mississippi for 4 years before that, Tennessee for 4 years before that, with more and more deep Southern states, history, and family under my belt. This had an accent tied into my vocal cords under lock and key. When you talk to people online, they can be from anywhere in the world, so your accent can be unnatural to them. I heard my fair share of country jokes, so I did my best to hide it. It's mostly gone now, but you can still hear it in a few things that I say.

Like Sixzo said, though. I would reccomend finding a group of friends that does not judge you for how you sound, because you want people who are in the business of supporting you rather than bringing you down; especially on such minor details.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great point :p

I joined this community when I was 14, I believe. I had lived in Texas for two years already, Mississippi for 4 years before that, Tennessee for 4 years before that, with more and more deep Southern states, history, and family. This had an accent tied into my vocal cords under lock and key. When you talk to people online, they can be from anywhere in the world, so your accent can be unnatural to them. I heard my fair share of country jokes, so I did my best to hide it. It's mostly gone now, but you can still hear it in a few things that I say.

Like Sixzo said, though. I would reccomend finding a group of friends that do not judge you for how you sound, because you want people who are in the business of supporting you rather than bringing you down; especially on such minor details.
why hide it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci