• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do Violent Video Games Make People More Violent in Real Life?

Christian

Experienced
Reaction score
As others have said, I believe it does depend on the person. While for some they may, while others they may not.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I mean, games are games. I don't think anybody in their right mind will play a comp game in CS:GO then walk around town with a military grade sniper rifle getting hyped.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, in some cases, it does; however, it does not in most cases. For example, a person with a disorder or impairment with their brain may let it affect their life. Generally, however, games are games and no one actually does those things in real life.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
It depends on the person, how do you play the game?
I think we all like to think that we don't be more violent, but we do get ticked off and our patience levels lower.

Reaction score
I feel like violent videogames helps you live out that violence in your life so that you don't apply it in your real life. In my opinion, it's an option to get that anger out without actually doing it.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No! The brain knows that it's just a game and that are capabilities of doing all that is done in the game are very difficult and impossible for people like us. We all know it's just a game.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
An average well functioning human being would not be more violent due to violent video games. A young child or mentally unstable person may have violent thoughts due to videogames. But overall I would say no.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci