• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you believe in god?

Do you?

• yes

Votes: 113 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 98 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
Is there a name for someone who doesn't really care? For me, it seems like the world is so busy and there's too much to worry about with our system of life that humans have created. How will believing in a god help me at all with real life? Is there a word for me, the people who just think it doesn't matter? I don't know, my whole family is like that, too much to worry about, no time for religion or non-religion.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
@RC_4777

#RomanCatholic

Yes, God does exist despite what you believe in. Even if you don't believe He exists, the matter of the fact is He does. As Catholics, we believe that he created all of us and everything on this earth. He gives us guidance in our times of needs or struggle, all we need to do is pray. During life, we need to grow in our faith and be able to truly know God. In everything you do, be prepared that your life could be over at any time. Are you satisfied with your life? Do you truly know God? The keys to Heaven are a gift; how you live your life determines whether or not you will have eternal and everlasting life in heaven.

That's Catholicism in a nutshell. ;)

Reaction score
@RC_4777

#RomanCatholic

Yes, God does exist despite what you believe in. Even if you don't believe He exists, the matter of the fact is He does. As Catholics, we believe that he created all of us and everything on this earth. He gives us guidance in our times of needs or struggle, all we need to do is pray. During life, we need to grow in our faith and be able to truly know God. In everything you do, be prepared that your life could be over at any time. Are you satisfied with your life? Do you truly know God? The keys to Heaven are a gift; how you live your life determines whether or not you will have eternal and everlasting life in heaven.

That's Catholicism in a nutshell. ;)
That paragraph is what catholics who try to shove religion down peoples throats sound like, esspecially the first sentance. No problem with any of the rest of the people who believe though

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally do not believe in a godly 'being', rather a 'force'
"The Force is what gives us our power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

I'm really happy to see how civil this thread has been so far, I wouldn't have expected that on the Mcsg forums to be honest.
I find the forums and ppl on them are generally more civil than most of the ppl in game

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
That paragraph is what catholics who try to shove religion down peoples throats sound like, esspecially the first sentance. No problem with any of the rest of the people who believe though
Just stating the truth, not shoving anything down anyone's throat...

Reaction score
Just stating the truth, not shoving anything down anyone's throat...
How would you feel if I was to go around informing you that there is no God and its a fact and really it doesn't matter what you believe because what I am telling you is correct you just aren't thinking about it right. Essentially it makes it appear as if you think the other party is stupid for believing something different to you.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Everybody, everybody, calm down, stop the flame. We all have our own truths that we subscribe to, and all that matters is that it is true to you. If you don't believe in somebody else's beliefs, that's fine, but don't go around telling them that they can't believe what they want.

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
I believe in evolution and science and see no evidence of a higher power nor do i believe in one

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How would you feel if I was to go around informing you that there is no God and its a fact and really it doesn't matter what you believe because what I am telling you is correct you just aren't thinking about it right. Essentially it makes it appear as if you think the other party is stupid for believing something different to you.
Hey, hey. Calm down.
The tread made it this far without any real sparks flying, lets keep it that way, no?
I do understand your point of view, so Its not like anyone's ganging up on you or anything

And JS, I assure you that I am in no way calling your beliefs invalid or wrong, so please don't take offense.
If you had simply said 'I believe that...' at the beginning of your post, there would be no tensions rising.
You should really have toned it down a tiny bit, as you insinuate that your own belief is the 'Truth' and that others are 'wrong'.
In this sort of subject, there is no right or wrong answer, as nobody can truly prove their theory, and neither can they disprove others. It is impossible to present evidence that God does exist, and neither is it possible to prove that he doesn't. Ergo, everyone has the right to believe in whatever they desire to, and should not be excluded, punished or shunned for that.

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was kinda scared to reply to this thread, but after seeing that everything is actually civil, I now feel happy to reply to this thread. :)

Yes. I believe in God and I am a Christian. In my opinion, I don't see how the universe and infinity was made out of nothing by something. It just makes more sense to me that the universe was created by someone. It also doesn't seem to make sense to me if the universe was created for a reason, yet it was made by something. In my opinion, only someone can make reasons.

Btw I am protestant. ;)

I am also happy to see everyone getting along with each other despite their differences. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci