• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do You Want A Leaderboard Reset To Occur?

TOXICWASTEII

Diamond
Reaction score
I think they should add multiple kinds of leaderbords. Maybe a leaderbord for the best ratio or a leaderbord for the most wins weekly and monthly. They should keep the leaderbord that we have currently. Just add different ones so people with not that much wins compared to the people that have 2,000 wins, so the other players can somewhat play competitively.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
As other people have previously stated, a monthly and a weekly system tacked on seems like the best way to make everyone happy.

In addition, perhaps the top three players at the end of the week or end of the month [or even end of the year) could receive point prizes (say, 1000, 500, and 250 as an example) for leading that particular timeframe whether it be a week, a month, or a year. You'd just have to make sure NoahSailer or Gr4veY4rd doesn't get all of the weekly/monthly points as well as the yearly. That's the only flaw I can see thus far with my Points Reward Plan.

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Although annoying, it should be reset to maintain the balance of MCSG.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, there's great reasons to reset and to keep the leaderboards. As some people suggested, monthly leaderboards would be a good indication of the best players at the current time. I know a lot of players want to reset stats because of a bad W/L ratio, so implementing a feature where you can choose to erase your own stats would be helpful.
By erasing your own stats, wouldn't it make some people who will abuse it and keep on doing it if they want to get good ratio? It would then be hard to know the actual stats of people by then.

They should reset stats. Lots of players who want good ratios, but started off as noobs with 1/50 ratios (me) are looking for a way to get a better ratio
If you're skills are getting better and better, your ratio can also slowly increase. It will soon be better and that way you can increase it too.

I personally think there should be a new leaderboard set this upcoming year so we can have weekly, monthly and yearly leaderboards while keeping all stats in an all time leaderboard.
Yup, I have been supporting the idea of weekly, monthly and yearly leaderboards. Been hoping to see this being implemented into the MCSG website.

Although annoying, it should be reset to maintain the balance of MCSG.
I don't really find it annoying. I dun understand much what do you mean by a leaderboard reset to maintain the balance of MCSG. If the leaderboards were to be resetted, wouldn't the effort players that spent their time getting wins gone down the drain?

I dun mean to start a flame war or something. This is just my opinion. :)

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't really find it annoying. I dun understand much what do you mean by a leaderboard reset to maintain the balance of MCSG. If the leaderboards were to be resetted, wouldn't the effort players that spent their time getting wins gone down the drain?

I dun mean to start a flame war or something. This is just my opinion.
If we keep using the same leaderboard, then the top will keep staying the same. NoahSailer or possibly Gravey4rd. It doesn't allow some of the new MCSG players to have a chance to be known as one of the best. Like from v1 to v2, it should be reset.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
If we keep using the same leaderboard, then the top will keep staying the same. NoahSailer or possibly Gravey4rd. It doesn't allow some of the new MCSG players to have a chance to be known as one of the best. Like from v1 to v2, it should be reset.
Uhm okay, so what your generally saying is that you want some of the new MCSG players to have a chance to be known as one of the best. But if a leaderboard reset were to occur, wouldn't the efforts of the players in the leaderboards that wants to stay in it gone down the drain? Sometimes they have to take a break you knoe.

I'm not really sure about the leaderboard reset when it comes to v1 because I started playing v2. I guess the reset occur during v1 because of the process of moving from v1 to v2. It was a big change and gameplay in MCSG so probably the leaderboards were resetted at that time. But at this point, there is no big change which is happening or going to happen. So I dun really see a need for a leaderboard reset.

Instead of really reseting the leaderboards, I suggest making a weekly and monthly leaderboards. I have been liking this idea since it was suggested in the forums. Hoping to see this kind of leaderboards being released. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci