• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does teaming really ruin your reputation as a player?

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I can see how people can "look down upon you" (lack of a better phrase) for constantly teaming, considering all the negativity around it, but personally don't see anything wrong about it. Not everyone is here to tryhard for wins, or to become the very best (like noone ever was). There's people out there, myself included, that play because it's fun, and find teaming with people fun. To me, going solo and such is not as fun as coordinating a team around to ensure we all live to the end. It's just more fun to me and I'm not going to let some "reputation" push me away from what I find fun.
I also see teaming as like, a smart way of playing. Yeah, solo takes more skill to win a game, but teaming up with someone tends to increase your chances of winning the game by quite a bit. If I don't want to deal with teams, I'll go play Solo SG.

N

Nikola

I can see how people can "look down upon you" (lack of a better phrase) for constantly teaming, considering all the negativity around it, but personally don't see anything wrong about it. Not everyone is here to tryhard for wins, or to become the very best (like noone ever was). There's people out there, myself included, that play because it's fun, and find teaming with people fun. To me, going solo and such is not as fun as coordinating a team around to ensure we all live to the end. It's just more fun to me and I'm not going to let some "reputation" push me away from what I find fun.
I also see teaming as like, a smart way of playing. Yeah, solo takes more skill to win a game, but teaming up with someone tends to increase your chances of winning the game by quite a bit. If I don't want to deal with teams, I'll go play Solo SG.
does that mean you like me

On a serious note doe I strongly agree with you. There's no doubt, no one could ever possible interdict your fun by teaming. But when you see team tryhards you just want to cry out milk and spit it all over the screen : (

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
does that mean you like me

On a serious note doe I strongly agree with you. There's no doubt, no one could ever possible interdict your fun by teaming. But when you see team tryhards you just want to cry out milk and spit it all over the screen : (
sure

I guess tryhard teams aren't fun to deal with, but that's just the playstyle they're playing in. It's sad when you die, but whatcha going to do. Can't win them all.

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
In my honest opinion people view teaming the wrong way. Most people who team do it to play with friends and not necessarily improve there stats. Obviously some people do team to improve there stats. This is where many people get confused and reputations can be ruined. Whilst I strongly believe in teaming with friends I don't like the idea of 4+ teams. The reason I say this is because most decent players can kill a 2 team on occasions and the great players possibly could pull off a 3 team kill. What I suggest when having more than 4 people you are playing with split into 2 teams of 2 or a team of 3 and a team of 2.

Where the issue lies is 'randy' teaming. Now there are a few circumstances where it is ok to do this. Such as when there is a 4+ team or a hacker. Occasionally a 3 team is ok to consider randy teaming. The worst thing that really kills reputation is a 2v1 in deathmatch. Whether or not the team is random or organised it should be considered common courtesy to 1v1 or FFA if asked.

Again this is my honest opinion and how I view the situation with teaming. :D

Nailli

Tribute
Reaction score
Hang on, let me find the video where I had a 12 man team on the old Solar Frost where we all survived to the final 12 ;)

Omri

Career
Reaction score
tis ok to team to some extent, however, if you see a single player on their own, you should 1 v 1 (no clean ups). That would be the polite and reasonable thing to do :3
What if your abnoctious and Rude :D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I can tell you.. The size of my team is around "17" ;)
Who are you, Joey Graceffa? Hehe

Anyway, no teaming should not hinder somebody's reputation. That is very silly and immature of people to look down on teaming. When I play with friends and get called out for it, their excuse for their anger is "Oh, I'm just playing solo and trying to get wins"

Alrighty then. Mr. Solo player. I'll have you know I spent 6 momths playing on an account solo working on making its ratio quite satisfactory and not once did I complain about teams because they're part of the game and people are allowed to have fun with their friends.

People who cannot accept that in today's scene can either play Solo SG, grow up, or leave.

A

Axel | PlazaGames

Who are you, Joey Graceffa? Hehe

Anyway, no teaming should not hinder somebody's reputation. That is very silly and immature of people to look down on teaming. When I play with friends and get called out for it, their excuse for their anger is "Oh, I'm just playing solo and trying to get wins"

Alrighty then. Mr. Solo player. I'll have you know I spent 6 momths playing on an account solo working on making its ratio quite satisfactory and not once did I complain about teams because they're part of the game and people are allowed to have fun with their friends.

People who cannot accept that in today's scene can either play Solo SG, grow up, or leave.
I mean.. If I was allowed to impersonate, I would probs admit that I am Joey, however, I don't want to get banned, so I am just Axel, with a "17" centimeter long team ;) and you all know what I mean when talking about my "team" ;)

GamingForLaughs

Tribute
Reaction score
So by playing this game for over 2 years now I've seen a lot of times people saying: "Look at that guy all he does is team, he is not even good at the game, boost!" So I came up with this topic of does teaming ruin your reputation as a player.

Imma let mah opinion hya' roight now and lemme know what ya think bout' it.

Personally I've achieved over 1000 wins just by playing solo, if I'm correct exactly 1400+ wins. So after a while I got bored of playing solo and I teamed just for fun. Now, I've seen some people telling me to "kill myself" because I teamed in a team of 4. I had some friends to hop on my teamspeak and we had a lot of fun! We weren't tryharding, we we're using diamond shovels, et cetera.. However sometimes when we kill a decent player I felt bad because I know what's the feeling of getting 4 teamed. That's where we decided to do fair 1v1's with people who we knew individually. Yeah one guy said I'm a terrible player so I need to team to win but that doesn't really bother me tbh, even doe I'm kind of talking about it but that's the point of the thread. I want to hear your opiniono on teaming and stuff.

~nick
pce
Honestly, I get mad at teamers, it's common, but I don't complain about them. If I die to them, I get pissed off but reality is, who cares? They must be having fun teaming with their friends and I like to team a lot as well. Sometimes I even get a bunch of my friends to form like a 5 team! It's so hilarious and amazing. As long as they are not randy teams, why not? :)

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I've probably teamed in about 90% of my games. Do you think I do it for my stats. On this account I have 1 in 40 ratio. Do I think people look down on me as I'm teaming, yes. For the lack of a better word the people that really desperately care about each and every win now seem to target me. However I'm not in a try hard team.I don't team any larger than 3 and we are all pretty bad anyway so anyone half decent kills us so it doesn't really matter. However on the rare time we kill them I know because I normally die in the fight that the person that died has quite a go at me, but hey. Im having fun and thats all that matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci