• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donator Only Chat Preference

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
I think it'd be a nice benefit for Donators to allow for us to have a Donator Only chat preference. To get away from the spam and such from the (and I don't mean this offensively) regular players of MCGamer.

This could be a hub and lobby only thing or could be permanent in all servers depending on how the developers and staff feel about it.

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: It could also be possible that a Donator Chat feature was added, so that Donators could private message other donators sort of like an Admin Chat feature.

Last edited:

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
I think this would be a good donator perk, to experience less overwhelming spam and the ability to interact with more donators. Hope this is added.

Eathuis

Survivor
Reaction score
Would this not only serve to divide the community? This is why the devs were so against having a premium only hub.

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
Would this not only serve to divide the community? This is why the devs were so against having a premium only hub.
I mean it's optional to have the preference on. For the donors that like having an open chat and seeing everyone they could keep it off but for those that may want to stray away from the spam and such they could keep it on. It's all for personal preference and to add a little more to donating.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
This has been brought up in the past, the staff thought that it wouldn't really be fair for non-donors because everyone should be equally acceptable to talking. Maybe it could happen you never know. My opinion I don't believe it is a option to add. :D

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been brought up in the past, the staff thought that it wouldn't really be fair for non-donors because everyone should be equally acceptable to talking. Maybe it could happen you never know. My opinion I don't believe it is a option to add. :D
It wouldn't make it so that the regular players couldn't speak at all, it would just put the donators on a different "channel" you could say so that they couldn't see the chat of regular players.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
It wouldn't make it so that the regular players couldn't speak at all, it would just put the donators on a different "channel" you could say so that they couldn't see the chat of regular players.
That's not what I am saying, You can't make a perk where its unfair to other non donors. So it would go against the EULA thingy. That's why it wouldn't really work :/

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
That's not what I am saying, You can't make a perk where its unfair to other non donors. So it would go against the EULA thingy. That's why it wouldn't really work :/
There are already donor benefits that go against EULA. It's against EULA to give benefits to players that send money and not to players who don't.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
There are already donor benefits that go against EULA. It's against EULA to give benefits to players that send money and not to players who don't.
Well, you are donating to get a join priority as well as a disguise feature in some cases. You don't need a disguise to win and you don't need join priority to win. My understanding of the EULA isn't the greatest, but if a large server was blatantly going against the EULA it would have been shut down already.

Anyways, based on what the Administration has told us, the private messages between donors will more than likely not happen as it would only encourage rule-breaking, even if staff can see it. The donor chat is plausible but a tad unlikely, as it separates the community and can, again, encourage rule breaking as it gives players the mentality that since less people can see your chat, less people are watching.

In the end, it's all up to Chad and the Administration, so none of my answers are real set in stone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci