• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

dont play yourself mcsg

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
One of the main things that upsets me about mcsg is the clear lack of thought gone into strategy. At the moment MCSG is in danger of fading further into irrelevance than it already has, because badlion's updated SG is about to come out, and when it does people are gonna be asking themselves: what reasons do I have for playing on MCSG when I could be playing on badlion instead?

In order for the playerbase not to shrink further than it has already, MCSG (as opposed to mcgamer) needs to focus on its niche(s). Trying to turn MCSG into a minigames server was so obviously going to fail because servers like mineplex and hypixel already have that stuff nailed down, and uhc worlds is exactly the same - mcsg thinking they can ride the wave of popularity those gamemodes have experienced when in reality uhc worlds offers absolutely nothing over what can be found on badlion, reddit, hypixel etc. What MCSG has going for it is as follows:

SG plugin (ignoring the glitches)

Clan community - despite how clans have been alienated by mcsg staff since the beginning of the server through false promises, dubious bans etc (let's not forget dave ripping off soul's rules and trying to force everyone to abide by them), we still have the largest sg clan community of any server.

In order to capitalise on these niches, mcsg needs to rebrand itself to an sg-focused server. Dropping mcgamer and returning to MCSG would be the ultimate statement of intent and would likely stir the interest of many of the lost players. Peripheral gamemodes should all be discontinued as all they really do is waste servers and divert attention away from the main attraction. Battlegrounds should be rebranded as an SG kit FFA, and as a longer term project I believe MCSG should introduce a duels server with ranked ladders etc. In the short term, THERE NEEDS TO BE A GOOD ANTICHEAT. MCSG has the worst problem with cheaters out of any server, and whatever XAC is doing right now simply doesn't cut it. A horrific portion of the community cheat and nothing is being done to stop them. Once MCSG has a decent anticheat, the higher staff need to get in contact with voices from the clan community (which I know is gradually beginning to happen already) to set about bringing more official tournaments, features and events and ultimately nurture the stagnant competitive scene.

If all this were to happen, the server would have a much clearer focus and would likely establish itself as the go-to SG server it was in the past.

Last edited:

wilee

Experienced
Reaction score
screw good anticheat #cheatzzzzzzzz #arishacksdetector

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Well stated. Even though we don't like eachother, I totally agree with everything you've said. MCSG needs to revive as MCSG and not anything else like MCGamer. They've tried once and they've failed. Its time to take a turn for the better.

Reactions: 69
Reaction score
Everyone said it from the start they didn't like minigames (the only one everyone liked was SG and maybe Battlegrounds).

Everyone voiced their opinions and MCSG did the exact opposite. Everyone said they wanted a 1v1/2v2/3v3 system and they merged with a completely dead server like Ant's who doesn't even care about this.

Srsly, the only thing we ever wanted was SG, and Dueling system.

Reaction score
someone corrected me... what i lyfe?

p.s I agree with everything you said especially the part about the mini-games.

tf2 will revive mcgamer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci