• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

dont play yourself mcsg

Twistology

Career
Reaction score
Really interesting post, I haven't read the comments yet, but here's my initial take on it:

MCGamer has really headed in the right direction I think. The 'refocus' back in 2015 was actually a good idea looking back on it. They removed all the buggy minigames, and decided to focus on others. I think they should actually continue and do this again, removing UHC Worlds and ZedChase, because they're seriously just sitting there taking up space.

As for the anticheat, they're also taking steps in the right direction there too. Until the addition of CAmadeusa, there were only 2 developers. Not NEAR enough to make an anticheat like the ones other servers have. Since they opened developer applications, we should hopefully get some new developers to improve that anticheat. I see some good things in the future for this.

As for making this the go-to SG server of the past, I just don't know. Things aren't the way they were in 2013-14 where we held all the pieces. First of all, the community is NOT bought in to the system. That's the worst part I think. It doesn't matter how things are run, if the members don't buy in, it doesn't work. If we can get the community on board with the plan, whatever that may be, things should start going towards the upside. I think the main part here will be good communication between the staff (especially the Sr Staff and Administration) and the community. If I were Chad, what I would do is gather our plan, make an in-depth post about what it is, and ask the community to get on board with us. It'd make the community feel better about where we're going, and in turn take some pressure off the staff team.
:thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

This thread deserves well developed, thoughtful responses from most senior staff members, so for once there can be an actual discussion about the future of this server

Stralcsar

Career
Reaction score
:thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y):thumbsup: (y)

This thread deserves well developed, thoughtful responses from most senior staff members, so for once there can be an actual discussion about the future of this server
thank you twistology

i can't help but feel that themcpharaoh has somewhat stolen the staff's attention with a remarkably similar thread :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci